Derrick's Story - (28)

DerrickH

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my success with those that are struggling right now with hair loss.

It all started in May 2009. I was getting my normal haircut and my usual barber told me I should try some thickening shampoo because my hair is getting thinner and he could see my scalp. I got pretty mad, I've always had thick hair...WTF. But I saw exactly what he was seeing in the mirror so I had to come to grime reality that my hair was leaving me. I immediately started looking online and came accross this site.

Now I'll be honest, I think I caught it pretty early even though I'm 28. Both my grandfathers were bald (Lonely island head) and my dad basically has a horse shoe (he's 57). But looking at pictures of my dad at 28 years old his hair line was slightly receding and he continually lost hair at a slow and steady pace until 40 when he had the lonely island, so maybe I caught it just right.

My wife and I are trying to get pregnant so I didn't want to mess with propecia so here is my current regimen:

1. Rogain foam 2 times a day religiously (morning before work and right before bed).
2. Nizoral on Wednesday and Sunday (leave in for 5 mins after using shampoo).
3. Paul Mitchell tea tree thickening shampoo (yes the one my barber sold me on)
4. 500 reps of scalp exercises daily.
5. Monday and Saturday I use conditioner and then I blowdry and use a leave in spray on conditioner. (don't think this has anything to do with hair growth but it makes the hair look good).

Attached are pictures. I hope you can see but the hairline is actually getting stronger. Don't know if I have new hair but I can tell you that the hair I have now is way stronger and better looking, it also appears darker in color.

[attachment=0:2be0ke2z]Hair Line.jpg[/attachment:2be0ke2z]

By the way picture on the left was taken May 2009 and the picture on the right was taken Jan 5th 2010. I have done the regimen above for the entire time, it is a pretty easy one to do as well, doesn't really effect my life at all.

If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks,
Derrick

Attachments

• Hair Line.jpg
    Hair Line.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 241

DerrickH

Reaction score
finfighter said:
Finasteride does not complicate pregnancy, you need to get on some sort of a DHT inhibitor if you don't want to follow in your fathers footsteps. Give Finasteride a shot.

finasteride has side effects that could hinder your chances of conceiving, it's not a risk I needed to take at the time. The rogaine seems to be working just fine for now. After I have my family I will probably look into taking propecia.

cdubey

Reaction score
Hi,

Can you please post a guide to your scalp exercise here ?

Regards,
-CDfavourtruth

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'm not convinced if you have male pattern baldness, and if you do, you have a VERY mild case.

do you have any thinning in the crown area? i doubt it.

anyway, looks like you haven't lost any ground over the past year, and you've only been using minoxidil (and have a good hair line to begin with).

consider yourself blessed - probably take you another 12 years to lose it (without meds) just like dad.