Determining all the pathways between DHT and follicle death

Hoppi

Reaction score
Sorry I know I went on a bit here lol, feel free to scan read or whatever :)

This is something that I've had an.. uneven grasp of for a while now, and it would be great to fill in my knowledge as I feel it can be of great help.

I have discovered recently the extent to which inhibiting, blocking and degrading androgen receptors can make the follicle more sensitive to androgens over time (I am still not 100% convinced of this, but it is sounding quite likely at the moment), and so it would be great to have a more thorough grasp of other places that it is possible to buffer the effects of DHT. This is something that I have often heard referred to before, but am only now really starting to fully grasp!

By having a beneficial influence at other levels of the pathways from DHT to a dead follicle, we can reduce the amount it is necessary to inhibit 5-alpha reductase. Bear in mind of course that this also is beneficial for those who have difficulty handling a cut in serum DHT (those who get side effects).

Ok so! Defiance linked to this in his thread, which is a great bit of information that I stumbled upon as well at one point, it really starts to put the key points across:

http://www.hairloss-research.org/february1.html

Additionally remember of course that when you use something like copper peptides, SOD spray, Nanogaine or most of Dr Proctor's products, one way these work is by increasing essentially antioxidant activity in the scalp, mopping up free radicals and decreasing oxidative stress (free radical damage, as I understand) on the follicles.

Ok so! Basically I thought it would be great to put together a thorough knowledge of all the pathways. This is something that IH has probably done long, long ago, but with new people comes a new thirst for knowledge lol, so this should still be beneficial!

If anyone knows of a good diagram of this that already exists then that would be excellent, but if not then I may just attempt to put one together, and it might work wonders for my ability to protect my hair in future :)

Thanks peeps, 'twould be great to hear your input, apologies for my threads getting progressively "heavier", I'm sure it will all prove beneficial though!

Peace!

Hoppi!