Reaction score
2je1hl5.png

206ebgw.png

@Wolf Pack

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting I would like to see those 10,000+ grafts procedures today and assess the donor area along with knowing what percentage of total cases they represented. Its not so much what is possible now but what is possible long term and that can only be assessed when the long term passes so it would be good to see.

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score
Interesting I would like to see those 10,000+ grafts procedures today and assess the donor area along with knowing what percentage of total cases they represented. Its not so much what is possible now but what is possible long term and that can only be assessed when the long term passes so it would be good to see.
extreme minority, given the figures they would need to have top caliber donor density and volume count.

Most people fall between the 1.8-2 category. Which would in most cases all under the 10,000 count.

We are taken in account donors that dont look like they have disfigured with a rectangle shape on there head that looks like a mosh ate at them. At this point we could care less.

On average I would if utilizing fut and FUE then 8000 is viable.

At the moment I am at slightly under 6000 graft count which a potential of either 1500-2000 FUT or 1000 FUE left

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At the moment I am at slightly under 6000 graft count which a potential of either 1500-2000 FUT or 1000 FUE left

Sure long term I think it creates issues for most but we can disagree. As far as the article many of these doctors pass themselves off as experts but I don't buy into the image presented. The fact is history clearly shows many of them are not experts and are in fact unethical. For example Puig contributes to the article but if you look at the history plenty of young men were destroyed by this same person all due to poor ethics and profit at any cost and telling them what they wanted to hear.

Here is my hairline at 23. I thought my temples were thinning so Puig's clinic told me it was not a problem to fix it. Of course I had no idea what I was walking into. What I was walking into is pictured below that.........not my picture but what was done to my head at least the hairline. These guy's are not experts and the numbers they spew are numbers that benefit them and not the patient at least that has been my actual experience. I believe exactly the same is happening today. These guys are spewing out large numbers but long term it doesn't work. Just my opinion though.............we can disagree.

135 - Copy.jpg
70.jpg

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score
Sure long term I think it creates issues for most but we can disagree.
It does create issues.

Most dont take in consideration senile alopecia and the fact that decades of miniaturization is eventually going to leave a sparse donor.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Sure long term I think it creates issues for most but we can disagree. As far as the article many of these doctors pass themselves off as experts but I don't buy into the image presented. The fact is history clearly shows many of them are not experts and are in fact unethical. For example Puig contributes to the article but if you look at the history plenty of young men were destroyed by this same person all due to poor ethics and profit at any cost and telling them what they wanted to hear.

Here is my hairline at 23. I thought my temples were thinning so Puig's clinic told me it was not a problem to fix it. Of course I had no idea what I was walking into. What I was walking into a few weeks later is pictured below that.........not my picture but what was done to my head at least the hairline. I spent 25 years trying to fix the damage and close to 6 figures.These guy's are not experts and the numbers they spew are numbers that benefit themself and not the patient at least that has been my actual experience. I believe exactly the same is happening today. These guys are spewing out large numbers but long term it doesn't work. Sometimes the game stays the same and it's just the players that change. There are a few that are ethical and give honest numbers but they are few. Techniques have changed but the numbers have remained the same. Just my opinion though.............we can disagree.

135 - Copy.jpg
70.jpg

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score

Here is my hairline at 23. I thought my temples were thinning so Puig's clinic told me it was not a problem to fix it. Of course I had no idea what I was walking into. What I was walking into a few weeks later is pictured below that.........not my picture but what was done to my head at least the hairline. These guy's are not experts and the numbers they spew are numbers that benefit them and not the patient at least that has been my actual experience. I believe exactly the same is happening today. These guys are spewing out large numbers but long term it doesn't work. Just my opinion though.............we can disagree.

View attachment 59045 View attachment 59046

What is your argument?

No surgery was ethical and remotely acceptable compared to today.

I could post examples of how rhinoplasty originated. essentially they started off by using skin grafts from the cheek, forehead and then connecting it to the nose. It was a process that involved creating a skin graft flap over the nose to create a form of camouflage and substitute to the missing tip. it was by no means great, but for it's time it changed lives.

Taglizocci pionnered the idea of using skin flap/ grafts from the inside arm as it was less disfiguring,. A proces sin which the flap forms its own blood supply for 14-21 days before being cut and stitched the actuall nose itself.
tagliacozzi_rhinoplasty_1.jpg

We go through trials and anatomic experiments to get to where we are today. it's a process, and puigs work for its time was amazing.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your argument?

Cosmetic surgery is elective so it's based on being able to sell it. Today they are selling numbers that will not stand the test of time in my opinion. I will let you have the last word just like to get my thoughts out there. Much appreciated and thanks for the thread.