Dhi (direct Hair Implantation) Vs. Fue

TG123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've wanted to get a hair transplant for years. I thought I had identified the best possible procedure (FUE), found a great surgeon (Dr. Demirsoy in Turkey), and finally booked a date and put down a deposit for the procedure. I've been anxiously counting down the days until February 12th, when I am scheduled to perform/undergo the operation.

I was talking with a friend about the operation and as it turned out he had gotten a hair transplant in Turkey himself 4 months ago.

I told him where I was going and what procedure I was doing and he told me that I should cancel it and do DHI implantation method instead. He said it's the best technique available and it's the only method that allows doctors to change the angle of the graft implant to match the existing style of your hair. I had never heard of it, but having done some searching online it appears to be a real thing, but there's nothing about it on this site.

Does anyone know anything about this? I would love to hear some other's opinions about this. Should I cancel and find another clinic?

el_duterino

Reaction score
DHI means direct hair implantation, using an implanter pen such as the Choi or Lion pen
Its still fue but instead of making holes and manually push grafts into the hole, it does a stick and plant with the special tool with grafts loaded into it
superior to the lateral slit method in my experience, and from results seen on the web. they can achieve a very high density and less tissue scaring and cobblestoning with implanter pens.
I had to FUE, one with the lateral slit and one with the implanter and the implanter was far better but of course Doctor or tech skills also play a role

I believe Demirsoy offers this DHI option for an added fee, maybe ask him

TG123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've wanted to get a hair transplant for years. I thought I had identified the best possible procedure (FUE), found a great surgeon (Dr. Demirsoy in Turkey), and finally booked a date and put down a deposit for the procedure. I've been anxiously counting down the days until February 12th, when I am scheduled to perform/undergo the operation.

I was talking with a friend about the operation and as it turned out he had gotten a hair transplant in Turkey himself 4 months ago.

I told him where I was going and what procedure I was doing and he told me that I should cancel it and do DHI implantation method instead. He said it's the best technique available and it's the only method that allows doctors to change the angle of the graft implant to match the existing style of your hair. I had never heard of it, but having done some searching online it appears to be a real thing, but there's nothing about it on this site.

Does anyone know anything about this? I would love to hear some other's opinions about this. Should I cancel and find another clinic?

I sent the clinic an email at the same time I made this post. Here was the reply:
Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 9.41.39 AM.png

With that in mind, should I be exploring a different clinic that does DHI?

el_duterino

Reaction score
We advise to stop finasteride !? Wtf

Thats bs

el_duterino

Reaction score
When the Doctor performs most of the work themselves they use the implanter pen as it can control angles and give tight packing wiht less scaring

Look at dr Couto results, Fue expert is the name of the clinic in Spain with top notch CONSISTENT results and now fully booked until 2023 - he uses the implanter pen and a few others top docs doing the implantation themselves use as well

In Turkey where most of the work is handed to young techs to keep costs low and increase the number of surgeries per day, the docs are only doing the recipient incisions which decides density and angle and the techs then push in the grafts manually. Cannot use the pen as the docs aren't even in the room.

The tools used reflect how the work is being shared with techs

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When the Doctor performs most of the work themselves they use the implanter pen as it can control angles and give tight packing wiht less scaring

Look at dr Couto results, Fue expert is the name of the clinic in Spain with top notch CONSISTENT results and now fully booked until 2023 - he uses the implanter pen and a few others top docs doing the implantation themselves use as well

In Turkey where most of the work is handed to young techs to keep costs low and increase the number of surgeries per day, the docs are only doing the recipient incisions which decides density and angle and the techs then push in the grafts manually. Cannot use the pen as the docs aren't even in the room.

The tools used reflect how the work is being shared with techs

dr cue is a genious...but he also is very slective in who he takes on so results with those will always be A grade results

Mike Jacob

My Regimen
Reaction score
In terms of results, there is no difference between FUE (I think you mean channel method) and DHI. As previously shared, DHI is still FUE. Don't focus on the method.