DHT and body hair

JJ Gittes

Established Member
Reaction score
If DHT is, in fact, responsible for body and facial hair, then why do most men who take finasteride or dutasteride NOT experience a loss of hair in these regions?

Of course, a few guys will claim they lost all of their body or facial hair 3 days after starting Propecia, etc etc.. However, these seem to be the exceptions.

Which is responsible for body and facial hair...T or DHT?

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't think body hair relys on DHT. I believe excessive DHT causes new folicals to slowly be grown. Once excessive dht is stopped, the folicals don't grow larger in numbers...

Bismarck

Reaction score
JJ Gittes said:
If DHT is, in fact, responsible for body and facial hair, then why do most men who take finasteride or dutasteride NOT experience a loss of hair in these regions?

Which is responsible for body and facial hair...T or DHT?

I think you could prevent yourself from growing body hair if you start taking an antiandrogen or a DHT inhibitor before puberty. If the follicles are developed they are just there like your penis... Maybe the growth speed or thickness of body hair can be influenced by lowering DHT levels.

Of course, a few guys will claim they lost all of their body or facial hair 3 days after starting Propecia, etc etc.. However, these seem to be the exceptions.

If I remember correctly, Deaner reportet a massive body hair shedding after using Head and Shoulders.

bis

ssjrexboi

Reaction score
im pretty sure dht has nothing to do with body hair. im 22 and diffuse thinning + receding. however, i have almost no body hair. i dont even have any facial hair except my mustache and a little "dirt under my chin."

Deaner

Reaction score
Head & shoulders actually caused all my pubes to fall out. My girlfriend likes it better this way.

G

Then I´m an exception, well not really. Since I started taking finasteride my bodyhair growth has decreased by ALOT. Cheasthairs won´t grow back as fast as they used to when I shave, hairs on my back took three months to show signs of growing back on finasteride.

Facial hair, I can go much longer without shaving.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Nesta says
I can go much longer without shaving.

Me too, but i see that as a blessing. :D