DHThero's Story - ( ****PICS AND 2 MONTH UPDATE**)

DHThero

Reaction score
Well, I've been on this site off and on for about 2 months now. Ive gotten some of the best advice that could ever be given. I've read plenty of questions relating propecia, fincar, nizoral, rogaine etc. Well, truth be told, I used to have the thickest hair. Full, stylish and just full of life. I never thought in a million years I could ever lose it. One day last summer, my little brother commented on a receding hair line. I used to make fun of him because he thinned out around age 19. As much as I didnt want to believe, I started to worry. The worst thing I ever did was right after he mentioned a receding hair line.... I went to wal-mart, bought a pair of wahl clippers and went to town on my hair. Sure enough, it confirmed my worst fears..... Not only was I receding, the top of my head started to thin really badly. As opposed to the sides, you could see directly to my scalp. I was pretty upset for about a week after that. I immediately started to research possible "fixes" and "cures" for it. I ran into the common item such as propecia and rogaine, but also found it may have been a health disoreder with your thyroids. I was praying to god it was my thyroids and with a confirmed blood test..... to my sadness it was just male pattern baldness. So I started my research over to find the best possible way to fix my hair problem. I found the common 3, but thought that may be a little extreme for someone who hasnt lost a dramatic amount of hair. I went to the doctor and started myself on a propecia plan. I am 2 months into it and feel no side effects. No lost libido, no anxiety attacks etc. I also and using a vitamin from an online site that just helps keep the vitamins in my body that are essential to my hair. I went to wal mart and picked me up some nizoral shampoo 1%. So far after 2 months, no super noticeable regrowth. I dont want to start any minoxidil until a year hits. My hair has grown back but is still pretty thin on the top. I wouldnt really call this a success story yet, but hoping in a few more given months it may be. Im 23 and looking to see a head of hair till at least 35 haha. I have taken monthly pictures for updates that i will include in the next segment when I get home. Possible question for anyone is with the multivitamins, nizoral and propecia, is there any more boosters that may help add to the trick? Any good shampoos that help volumize your hair to make it look thicker?? Thanks and any/all advice is much appreciated!

DHT Hero[attachment=0:1oag24dz]Month 2.jpg[/attachment:1oag24dz]

Attachments

• DAy 1.jpg
    DAy 1.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 445
  • Month #1 - 1.jpg
    Month #1 - 1.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 358
  • Month #1 Front.jpg
    Month #1 Front.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 419
  • Month 2.jpg
    Month 2.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 456

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: This Guys Story..

First, welcome to the forums.

Secondly, I'm not much older than you (25) and just recently joined so I don't have much experience as some of these guys. As for vitamins, I've heard much about them but aren't convinced that they're doing much good for my hair; some people swear by biotin and zinc and MSM (I intake ~2000mg of MSM with vit. C for increased absorption). You should check out the other sections on this forums.

Personally, I'd stick to the big 3 for a year before making assessment of any additions to my regimen; but since I've started with quite a few vitamins I feel like I should give them a full year as well.

This is a list of things I'm currently taking, take away from this what you will:

Omega 3 - 3000 mg daily
MSM - 2000 mg daily with Vit C 1500 mg daily
Vit B 50 complex 1 pill daily (for the biotin and inositol)
Vit E (just the alpha tocopheryl) 200 IU daily (might wanna check into all 8 isoforms)
Curcumin 400mg weekly with a pinch of black pepper (for the peprine which supposedly ups absorption)

*Experimental* soy isoflavones (the genistin and daidezin) 100mg with green tea extract 300mg daily AND I drink a lot of black tea (!!! Be weary of the soy/GTE/BT combo; look up Michael Barry's posts as I based this off of MICE studies which showed massive decrease in DHT; someone else reported a tremendous loss in libido so if you've got minor sides with finasteride, don't TOUCH this combo!!!)

Do your research on vitamins; I've certainly not have had the amazing results that some here have gotten just on the big 3 and certainly hasn't been long enough (barely 2 months on finasteride, 4 months on everything else) so we'll see in a year. I'm not convinced that supplements have done much to help me, so were I you, I'd stick to the big 3 and then add.

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: DHThero's story ****PICS AND 2 MONTH UPDATE**

DUDE

Nicely done. Looks like a great improvement.

DHTvictim

Reaction score

Hey DHThero
Welcome to the forums. I think the best thing you have done so far is to join this site. Lots of stuff here and vey very helpful people. I definitely see improvement in your pics above. Your hair is just like mine but i have a bit more density still. May be coz i m 20 years old and in a few years it would have been just like yours if i hadnt started the treatments.Plus our names also resemble, only i m the VICTIM and your the HERO LOL.
Once again best of luck with your treatments.

GOD BLESS

DHTvictim.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score

Frankly, I don't really know if your hair improved that much since day 1, but the flat look does tend to hide thinning for you it seems. I have similar hair as yours with perhaps a little bit more thickness up in front. I dare not even spike it like you did in day 1 so props on that :3

DHThero

Reaction score

Hello and thank you everyone.

Day one was kinda of wetish look. It seems to have thickend in the front. I had this sudden hair loss in a matter of months, not even a year. Hopefully, the propecia will start kicking in within the next few months. The top appears to have filled in a bit, but not to much. Its starting to look a little better by growing my hair out. Im not going to start using rogaine just yet as I want to see if propecia and nizoral will be enough to combat it. I started nov 14th so I will be taking multi-angle pics per month to help out anyone who wants to see the progression of propecia and nizoral by its self! thank you for the welcome and I look forward to becoming a part of this community!

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score

I think you have steady and affirmative progress. Keep it up.

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score

It looks great, congratulations!

Nighthair

Established Member
Reaction score

Congrats dude! You mentioned your 19 years bro is also thinning. Why don't you ask him to join HairLossTalk.com too?

DHThero

Reaction score

Nighthair said:
Congrats dude! You mentioned your 19 years bro is also thinning. Why don't you ask him to join HairLossTalk.com too?

I will mention it to him. Hes off in Afghanistan right now fighting the war over there but ill make sure he joins the day he gets back!

briz

Reaction score

yea man it looks like u got it like i did, but ur results so far look great :)

Keep it up man, and keep us posted. Best of luck to ya.