DHTvictim's Story - (20 / diffuse thinning)(7 months update)

DHTvictim

Reaction score
I am 20 y/o with diffuse thinning...but thats just not it i always had very fine hairs and a very high hairline i mean people always made fun of my large forehead.But that didnt bother me at all when i was younger.The thing that bothered me back then was male pattern baldness is very strong in my family.My father and mother side both have bald/balding men but one thing is common on both sides is that it is extremely slow.My father is a Norwood 3 at 50 but my elder brother who is 3 years ahead of me had very thick hair at my age but now he is in pretty bad shape(diffuse thinning) at almost 24.Meaning it is very aggressive in my brother.I think i m following the same path with my diffuse thinning plus i have high hairline and slight temple recession.For the last 4 months i have been on finasteride min 5% and ketoconazole 2%(all are generic others are not available in my country).But none of them have shown to make any visible difference except for the hair line which looks a bit thick.I have lost interest and motivation towards my studies and i failed an exam which cost me 6 months and $80.This was because i was always worried about my hair loss..Whenever I think about my future it scares the hell out of me.I am doing everything i can but nothing seems to be working. My life is screwed in every way.

DHTvictim

P.s Dnt mind my english as it is not my native language.Mostly i ve learned is in school and by watching movies.

HairDont

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: DHTvictim's story

I hate to say this but if you care this much about your hair now, you always will. Once a person obsesses about something so much it typically becomes a life long affliction.
It's not like you are going to wake up one morning at 32 and say "screw it, I am bald and I don't care"

Just buzz it short now and move on, or let it destroy the rest of your life.

DHTvictim

Reaction score

I have finally decided to post some pics....I have now passed the 4 months mark into my treatments.....
The first three pictures were taken on 16 sep 2008 almost two weeks into the treatment.
[attachment=5:ciltmdzt]16 sep 2008 2.JPG[/attachment:ciltmdzt]
[attachment=4:ciltmdzt]16 sep 2008 4.JPG[/attachment:ciltmdzt]
[attachment=3:ciltmdzt]16 sep 2008 7.JPG[/attachment:ciltmdzt]
These were taken on 23rd dec...
[attachment=2:ciltmdzt]23rd dec 2008.JPG[/attachment:ciltmdzt]
[attachment=1:ciltmdzt]16 dec 2008 4.JPG[/attachment:ciltmdzt]
All of these pictures are taken right after the shower when the hairs are wet and under flash from a digital camera..

This is a picture of my dry hairs.Hairs are longer in this pic then any of the above..
[attachment=0:ciltmdzt]16 dec 2008 2.JPG[/attachment:ciltmdzt]

Do you guys see any improvement coz i dnt see any...

DHTvictim

Attachments

• 16 sep 2008 2.JPG
    16 sep 2008 2.JPG
    816.7 KB · Views: 3,041
  • 16 sep 2008 4.JPG
    16 sep 2008 4.JPG
    837.3 KB · Views: 1,439
  • 16 sep 2008 7.JPG
    16 sep 2008 7.JPG
    928.2 KB · Views: 1,455
  • 23rd dec 2008.JPG
    23rd dec 2008.JPG
    773.9 KB · Views: 1,486
  • 16 dec 2008 4.JPG
    16 dec 2008 4.JPG
    505.1 KB · Views: 1,291
  • 16 dec 2008 2.JPG
    16 dec 2008 2.JPG
    989.8 KB · Views: 1,444

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score

DHTvictim said:
I have finally decided to post some pics....I have now passed the 4 months mark into my treatments.....
The first three pictures were taken on 16 sep 2008 almost two weeks into the treatment.
[attachment=5:1jlgritf]16 sep 2008 2.JPG[/attachment:1jlgritf]
[attachment=4:1jlgritf]16 sep 2008 4.JPG[/attachment:1jlgritf]
[attachment=3:1jlgritf]16 sep 2008 7.JPG[/attachment:1jlgritf]
These were taken on 23rd dec...
[attachment=2:1jlgritf]23rd dec 2008.JPG[/attachment:1jlgritf]
[attachment=1:1jlgritf]16 dec 2008 4.JPG[/attachment:1jlgritf]
All of these pictures are taken right after the shower when the hairs are wet and under flash from a digital camera..

This is a picture of my dry hairs.Hairs are longer in this pic then any of the above..
[attachment=0:1jlgritf]16 dec 2008 2.JPG[/attachment:1jlgritf]

Do you guys see any improvement coz i dnt see any...

DHTvictim

Your hair doesn't look that bad and I can't even tell your balding other than your crown. Don't give up in your regimen and it give at least a year. We all have different hair, some people will react with their regimen within 3 months and some can take up a year. Also, don't let hairloss control your life and don't give up. Good luck!

DHTvictim

Reaction score
Re: DHTvictim's Story - (20 / diffuse thinning)

Yeah, thats a promise i have made to myself that i will atleast give my treatments 12 months.Do you know of anyone who started getting results late into their treatment (just to give myself hope and motivation)? Sometimes i think my hair has improved but sometimes it feels like i m losing ground. God its so confusing.....

DHTvictim

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score

DHTvictim said:
Yeah, thats a promise i have made to myself that i will atleast give my treatments 12 months.Do you know of anyone who started getting results late into their treatment (just to give myself hope and motivation)? Sometimes i think my hair has improved but sometimes it feels like i m losing ground. God its so confusing.....

DHTvictim

There are a lot of people who had great results into their late treatements, just go on the success stories forum.

DHTvictim

Reaction score

hi,
I was just wondering about the regrowth...My shedding so far has been like this...1st week into treatment heavy shedding like 150 hairs a day which continued up to month 2.In month 3 shedding subsided a bit but was still pretty high than normal.In month four shedding was a bit up and down like one week i would shed and the next i wouldnt but i was still shedding neverthless.But its been one week into month 5 and i dnt shed...I mean i dnt shed at all i hardly see 1 or 2 hair when i get up in the morning on my pillow if i m lucky and when i shampoo my hair i dnt see any hair...I am very pleased with that...My hair has been the strongest in a long long time.Its so strong now that even if i use force and try to pull it(which i shudnt be doing) nothing comes out which is great and unbeliveable.Up until now i thought that the meds were not working but now i think they are..But the thing is my hair is quite thin still due to the 4 months of shedding...Is it time for some thicker hairs to come? I ask because i m not sure that the hairs keep on growing as well when we are shedding or do they grow when the shedding stops?.....Please let me know your experiences... Thankyou

God bless..

DHTvictim.

Obsidian

Reaction score

We almost have the same type of diffuse thinning. Does it (the diffuse thinning) go all the way up to your left temporal region?

DHTvictim

Reaction score

I have diffuse thinning in the horse shoe pattern but it is much more pronounced in the middle where i used to part my hairs. I would like to know what are you doing about your hair loss and what kind of results have you had? Thnx

GOD BLESS

DHTvictim

DHTvictim

Reaction score

Here is the 7 month update.....
I shed really badly for about 4 months but after that no shedding whatsoever... I used min for 6 months but it gave me severe itching ao i dropped it and i think i have lost some density around the temples...As for my thinning crown well finasteride took care of it really well...I m now just worried about my hairline...Overall my hairs look healthy...
[attachment=0:kty2ive2]DSCN2864 2.GIF[/attachment:kty2ive2]
[attachment=1:kty2ive2]DSCN2838 1.GIF[/attachment:kty2ive2]

Attachments

• DSCN2838 1.GIF
    DSCN2838 1.GIF
    994.3 KB · Views: 857
  • DSCN2864 2.GIF
    DSCN2864 2.GIF
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,006

Obsidian

Reaction score

Your hair is looking good man, your hairline looks full. I don't see any recession going on but then again it's your hair and you know what is going on, not me. I would say just keep a watchful eye on it, not every day but say today this Saturday take pictures of the temples. Then a week from this Saturday do the same thing. Then compare pictures.

DHTvictim

Reaction score

thnx man... I have definitely some recession on my temples but i can live with that ...No one ever noticies that.. Its just I think I am overly worried about my hairs and keep on looking at them all day under different lightings in different mirrors.. I am not that bothered about the current temple position but the thought of getting worse gets me...silly i know... Anyhow if i can just keep my hairs for the next 5+ years i may get a hair transplant later on...I am also thinking of resuming minoxidil...

Obsidian

Reaction score

To be honest, since your hair has been affected by male pattern baldness, especially by thinning, it is never going to look like where it was pre-hairloss. Still, to the average person most would not think you are losing hair but instead you have a regular full head of hair.

Don't go for an hair transplant, because even though you might hold up for a long time with this regimen you always to account for whether you won't and since we are both young the hairloss will probably progress farther than most (NW6 for me).

Still right now, the important thing is to know you're responding and things will only get better so just relax, let the meds do its works, and go have fun, we both are young only once. :punk:

DHTvictim

Reaction score

Obsidian said:
Still right now, the important thing is to know you're responding and things will only get better so just relax, let the meds do its works, and go have fun, we both are young only once. :punk:

You are absolutely right man.... We shouldnt let hair loss consume our youth ... Now i just only hope that finasteride keeps my hairs as long as i take it...With this thought i m very relaxed...There is just one habit i find hard to overcome and that is looking in the mirror all day long ....but i m trying....Anyway goodluck to both of us.... :)

DHTvictim

Reaction score
Thought i should post some more pics...

This pic is 2 and a half months into treatment..
[attachment=1:p0zlqk7i]14 oct 2008 2.GIF[/attachment:p0zlqk7i]

This pic is today( 6 and a half months into treatments..)
[attachment=0:p0zlqk7i]22nd feb 2009.GIF[/attachment:p0zlqk7i]

Attachments

• 14 oct 2008 2.GIF
    14 oct 2008 2.GIF
    1.5 MB · Views: 876
  • 22nd feb 2009.GIF
    22nd feb 2009.GIF
    1.1 MB · Views: 711

Obsidian

Reaction score
I think you are going to be okay. Hell, you might not even need minoxidil after all. Between the two of us, I think I am the one who needs to get on minoxidil.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
How are you applying your minoxidil and what side effects have you had. You look great!

DHTvictim

Reaction score
Thanks guys...I was applying liquid minoxidil. Half of the recommended dose along the hair line and temples while the other half on the whole scalp...but i was very lazy with applying minoxidil ...I skipped a lot of applications.. The only side effect i had was severe itching and redness of scalp. Due to which i was scratching my head really hard which was doing more harm than good. Once i start scratching it was hard to stop.I used almost every dandruff shampoo i could get my hands on but nothing seemed to help. I think selsun blue helped a lot after i stopped using minoxidil. I am still using it 2 times a week. I may have some regrowth along the hairline.. I have stopped minoxidil for almost a month now but i havent seen any shedding or thinning more than it already was. I seriously hope that i wont see any. If i do i may resume it again.

I just hope that my hairs will get a little bit more thicker in the coming months.My hairs were the worst upto 5 month mark. Its only recently things have started to get better since the day i stopped shedding. Now i just dont wanna see another shed and definitely wanna see my hairs getting better (aint we all lol). Hopefully things will get better for all of us :punk:

Peace

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, your hair looks great - black, thick, healthy. If you really are suffering from male pattern baldness, you're doing the right thing (finasteride + minoxidil treatment) at the right time. Now all you have to do is continue with your treatment and be persistent. And DO NOT scratch your scalp, ever!