did anyone else have alot of hair shed during your hair transplant?

youngnat

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else experienced quite a bit of hair fall during your hair transplant?

i put it down to the fact that my head was cut and prodded and just wanted to know if this was normal and whether others experienced the same thing?

your thoughts guys and gals?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Shockloss is very common it happens shortly after the op.

youngnat

Reaction score
but what about during the procedure? i noticed quite a bit of hair shed straight after the procedure was done.

G

You may have experienced a much higher or acute level of shock. It's all in how the scalp responds to the trauma. It's like anything else, patients respond differently.

It's not the norm though. Most patients do not experience the shockloss for two-three weeks or more post-op. Did you a fair amount of exisitng hair in the recipient area?

youngnat

Reaction score
i came across this article, for anyone else wanting to know why they look worse immediately afterwards please read this and it may (for the moment) relieve any anxiety in the mean time.

http://hairloss.iahrs.org/hair-transpla ... hock-loss/

i do have hair in the recipient area, its hard to know... i wasnt actually told by my hair transplant Doctor what level i was (norwood 2.5, 3, 4 etc), he just went over what i needed to do and the procedure and building up the front of my hairline and gradually move back, im not bald... but in my mind im thinning up quite nicely ;)

CCS

Reaction score
I think i got some shock loss. Maybe a square inch. I don't remember if it grew back or not.

youngnat

Reaction score
you cant remember if it grew back? can you not tell now? or did you have another hair transplant in the place where you had shock loss...

all im worried about now is shock loss and the hair is minitiarised and doesnt grow back, therefore ill need more hair transplant ops.... more $, neverending battle

s.a.f

Reaction score
Who did the surgery?

G

You really won't know how much of it will come back until you get past the post-op 6 month mark or so.