Did Rogaine and Finasteride cause my Hair to Recede?

lifewithouthair

My Regimen
Reaction score
ive been using minoxidil 2% for a month and i just started finasteride 1mg about 5 days back and i noticed that my hairline has deteriorated a bit, can ne one shed some light on this, should i stop treatment im not sure what to do is this normal? did i make a mistake by adding finasteride

heres a pic taken on the 9th of february

DSC01437.jpg

and heres todays pic
DSC01742.jpg

ive noticed a bit of recession on my right temple...

Attachments

• DSC01447.jpg
    DSC01447.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 440

HairShocka

Reaction score
Could be start of your sheds.

The majority consensus seems to be that you have to ride it out for at least a year and your hair should grow back or at least stabilize.

I started finasteride without knowing about the whole shed fiasco. Lack of research on my part. I personally have been losing ground on my hairline very noticeably and I'm on my 4th month on .5mg of finasteride daily.
On the other hand, there are people on the internet who claim that the finastride destroyed their hair and nothing grew back.... Scary stuff... but dude your're not even like a NW1.

My guess is that your shed at this point comes from the minoxidil. Have your balls ached from the finasteride yet?

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes I believe its shedding....I noticed my hair shedding right after I started my treatment (rogaine). it will last a couple of months (mine lasted 4 months though..).so hang in there and good luck!!

lifewithouthair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could be start of your sheds.

The majority consensus seems to be that you have to ride it out for at least a year and your hair should grow back or at least stabilize.

I started finasteride without knowing about the whole shed fiasco. Lack of research on my part. I personally have been losing ground on my hairline very noticeably and I'm on my 4th month on .5mg of finasteride daily.
On the other hand, there are people on the internet who claim that the finastride destroyed their hair and nothing grew back.... Scary stuff... but dude your're not even like a NW1.

My guess is that your shed at this point comes from the minoxidil. Have your balls ached from the finasteride yet?

no not really, no ball ache but i did notice watery semen when i got on finasteride for a week, oh and i also started finasteride because of loss in the crown area.. got a huge c shaped baldspot..weird! neways i dropped both treatments now due to fear..

yes I believe its shedding....I noticed my hair shedding right after I started my treatment (rogaine). it will last a couple of months (mine lasted 4 months though..).so hang in there and good luck!!

i dropped both treatments out of fear :(

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oh..thats not good :(...sorry to hear that...