Did you know...

CCS

Reaction score
If you let a person sleep on your couch for a few days, and they have mail sent there without you knowing, they can use that mail as evidence to squat? I don't know all the tricks of the law, but you might want them to sign something saying they know they are just there free because of your pitty and can be asked to leave at any time. If they can convince a judge that you had any kind of verbal agreement with them, they might be able to sue you for throwing them out. It just depends on the judge. It might be in your best interest to deny they ever were there.

And if your girlfriend stays at your place for a while, and the two of you get in an argument and she calls the police, the police will tell you to leave, even though it is your place. I don't know all the ins and outs of that law. Having someone move in with you may sound like a way for them to save money on rent, you to get some help with the utilities, and the two of you to see each other more. But it also can hurt your rental credit if you have to leave and pay for two places at once and any damages she leaves. When you live with people, there are financial benefits, but there also are costs of separation, especially if they don't like you they are female and you male.

In Australia, if you live with a woman for a year, and then you break up with her, you have to pay her a settlement amount. It is kind of like alimony, though I don't know the details. Basically, many people over there don't like the marriage laws and are dodging marriage, so the laws now regulate couples even if they are not married.

A lot of family law is randomly decided by whichever judge or jury you get. If the two of you can't compromise on your own, then going to court is kind of like having a duel. But even the winner pays attorney fees.

oni

Reaction score
CCS said:
If you let a person sleep on your couch for a few days, and they have mail sent there without you knowing, they can use that mail as evidence to squat? I don't know all the tricks of the law, but you might want them to sign something saying they know they are just there free because of your pitty and can be asked to leave at any time. If they can convince a judge that you had any kind of verbal agreement with them, they might be able to sue you for throwing them out. It just depends on the judge. It might be in your best interest to deny they ever were there.

And if your girlfriend stays at your place for a while, and the two of you get in an argument and she calls the police, the police will tell you to leave, even though it is your place. I don't know all the ins and outs of that law. Having someone move in with you may sound like a way for them to save money on rent, you to get some help with the utilities, and the two of you to see each other more. But it also can hurt your rental credit if you have to leave and pay for two places at once and any damages she leaves. When you live with people, there are financial benefits, but there also are costs of separation, especially if they don't like you they are female and you male.

In Australia, if you live with a woman for a year, and then you break up with her, you have to pay her a settlement amount. It is kind of like alimony, though I don't know the details. Basically, many people over there don't like the marriage laws and are dodging marriage, so the laws now regulate couples even if they are not married.

A lot of family law is randomly decided by whichever judge or jury you get. If the two of you can't compromise on your own, then going to court is kind of like having a duel. But even the winner pays attorney fees.

Did you have a good Christmas CCS...................................................

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oni said:
CCS said:

Did you have a good Christmas CCS...................................................

Probably drunk a protein shake for Christmas dinner and squirted carol singers with minoxidil.

oni

Reaction score
person said:
oni said:
CCS said:

Probably drunk a protein shake for Christmas dinner and squirted carol singers with minoxidil.

Hello person how are you...................................................

cuebald

Reaction score
You really do subscribe to this weird Darwinian view that every single person in the world is out only looking after themselves, without a care in the world for other people.

Do you ever think that somebody could live with a girl because he loves her, not just because he wants to trade his money+looks+house for sex? Who knows, the arrangement might even work in reverse!

Some people like doing things for other people because, well, they just like it. It's only a very rare person that is as cold and as calculating as yourself, always thinking what you can "get" out of a situation.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmm maybe you should get a caravan, with no staying point that way if she leaves you could claim you never lived at a legal address :whistle:

oh and marriage is a suckers game, seriously filling out a form because you love someone, makes as much sense to me as a date application form

CCS

Reaction score
cuebald said:
Do you ever think that somebody could live with a girl because he loves her, not just because he wants to trade his money+looks+house for sex? Who knows, the arrangement might even work in reverse!

Works out great if she loves him. But if he is ugly and she does not love him, then he will be hungry. Even if he loves her, it will eat away at him that it is not returned. He can't just keep on going like that.

I've been in love before. The woman of course denied that I loved her. Yeah. If a hot guy says he loves her, she loves that. But if I say I do, she says, no you don't. After 3 years of that with her, I finally realized I can't stay in love with someone who does not want me back. I thought if I gave up on her, it would mean I did not love her in the first place. But that is not true. You can love someone and then stop because of what they are doing to you.

Now I don't cling to anyone. If a woman is not acting like she is at all interested in me, I don't waste another minute on her. If she is interested but seems like she has nothing in common with me, I don't waste another minute on her. I have standards, not only for the women I date, but for friends in general. I'm not desperate anymore. I'm perfectly comfortable being alone and anonymous for months or years at a time. I only want friendship if it is true friendship. I have that with some people, and I'm picky about who else I let in.

oni

Reaction score
CCS said:
cuebald said:

Works out great if she loves him. But if he is ugly and she does not love him, then he will be hungry. Even if he loves her, it will eat away at him that it is not returned. He can't just keep on going like that.

I've been in love before. The woman of course denied that I loved her. Yeah. If a hot guy says he loves her, she loves that. But if I say I do, she says, no you don't. After 3 years of that with her, I finally realized I can't stay in love with someone who does not want me back. I thought if I gave up on her, it would mean I did not love her in the first place. But that is not true. You can love someone and then stop because of what they are doing to you.

Now I don't cling to anyone. If a woman is not acting like she is at all interested in me, I don't waste another minute on her. If she is interested but seems like she has nothing in common with me, I don't waste another minute on her. I have standards, not only for the women I date, but for friends in general. I'm not desperate anymore. I'm perfectly comfortable being alone and anonymous for months or years at a time. I only want friendship if it is true friendship. I have that with some people, and I'm picky about who else I let in.

How-to-win-friends-and-influence-people.jpg

oni

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
I always thought anyone who reads that book will never have any friends.

Thrown any parties lately Oni :whistle:

kidding :)

I don't throw parties as I am always being invited to them.................................................................... :whistle:

As for reading that book, have you?

I think it would be of great help to CCS........................................... :whistle:

CCS

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
No but I know the book you are refering to well. It was sat on a bookshelf that I walked past for many years as a child. Belonged to my parents, neither of which had many friends or influence even on myself.

Go figure!

How to win people: don't do stuff that annoys them. Don't act needed. Don't act like you have some kind of goal that makes them wonder what it is. People trust people seem to be indifferent to their presence since it makes you look like you are not trying to impress them and thus are showing your real self.

There was a woman who kept trying to impress me by talking with big words and trying to give me verbal compliments. But she refused to smoke outside instead of inside. All her talk just made me angrier. I know other people who really liked me just because I was not doing anything bad to them or causing drama. It is that simple. Most people will settle for someone who just is not bad.

I once knew a person who read books like that and how to be a good leader. Everyone hated him because he was trying to be our leader.

The mystery method is another laughable method. The only good less from it is, dress like you are rich and act like you have plenty of women to choose from and will walk away, and some of the money seeking ones (the half that don't also walk away) will believe your bluff and sleep with you that night.

oni said:
monty1978 said:
I always thought anyone who reads that book will never have any friends.

Thrown any parties lately Oni :whistle:

kidding :)

I don't throw parties as I am always being invited to them.................................................................... :whistle:

As for reading that book, have you?

I think it would be of great help to CCS........................................... :whistle:

Anyone can throw parties. I could pack my place with 60 strangers right away just by buying a lot of beer and playing loud music, turning all the lights on, and sending invites to everyone stating "free beer". I know lots of people who did that. The people came, packed the place, drank the beer, threw up on the floor, and left the second the beer was gone. It does not mean you have any friends.

Now if you are getting invited to parties, that might mean you have friends, or there could be a few other motives. Definitely higher status to be invited than to have 70 people show up from your invites with beer.

I have another opinion about books:
They are the ramblings of people who like to ramble, but in print so more people will hear it. Some are good, many are not. Some are written by educated people. But unless those read like a research paper and state the experiments and how conclusions were drawn, they are probably worse than regular ramblings. Just because someone is educated does not mean they are right. Most Ph'd's have to publish regularly to keep their jobs, and will fight back against any rebuttal so they don't look bad.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
The mystery method is another laughable method. The only good less from it is, dress like you are rich and act like you have plenty of women to choose from and will walk away, and some of the money seeking ones (the half that don't also walk away) will believe your bluff and sleep with you that night.

CCS - you missed the whole point of that book. Mystery's main point is to be confident and believe in yourself. If you did everything else in that book, but missed the main point...Nothing else in there will work for you until you grasp the concept of having confidence/believing in yourself.

CCS

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Mystery says that competence is more important than confidence. He does say though that you have to be confident to be competent. Competence involves many factors, one of which is confidence, though competence breads confidence.