Die_hard's Story - (24 recieting/diffuse)3MONTH SUCCESS/PICS

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum and here because I've finally joined the group of determined men to stop the loss of their hair. I'm 24 years old now and my hairline started to "mature" when I was about 16. When I started flipping it up in the front, one of my friend made a few cracks about it, bringing it to my attention and since then it has never stopped "maturing" either. In the last few years receiting turned into thinnin up top as well. Currently I'm between a Norwood 2 or 3. under a bright light when the hair is wet, you can really notice that it's thinner around the crown as well as in the front, with the small patch in between still a bit thicker.

So yesterday, I took the first step by getting a scrip for proscar 5mg. I was surprised that the Dr. put me right on 5mg I was thinking maybe 2.5mg or less, but hey...That's fine by me. I've researched the drug for a long time now but havent really done a lot of comparisons to the mgs to if anyone can advise me that would be much appreciated. Also, 1 month supply cost me $79 plus tax so any recommendations on how to save some $$$ on that safely would be awsome as well.

Previous to taking proscar my regiment consited of using extra thickening shampoos, and the usual styling features for receiting lines and thinning hair. My expectations aren't unthinkable as I know I wont get my whole hed of hair back, but I actually love the receiting hairline look..just hate that it's thinnning now. The front hairline is not strong, as you'll notice in the pictures below, and as long as the front piece fills in again along with the back, I'll be happy.

OK, I guess I'm going to need some help posting pics since I can't figure out how...no way to just paste them in? If someone can pm me, please do, I can't find the forum guidlines.

Updates comming ASAP

-DH

UPDATE: ok, so here are some pics

This one is from about a year ago

my.php
[/url][/img]

This one is only a few months ago with a shaved head

my.php
[/url][/img]

Same with this one
my.php
[/url][/img]

This one is also a year old but shows the crown area while it's longer
my.php
[/url][/img]

So where would most of you classify me on the norwood chart anyways, for the sake of curiosity? any insight on what i should conceivably expect for results?

I'll update with better and updated pics soon.

EDIT: UPDATED PICS PAGE 2

EDIT: 3 MONTH UPDATE PAGE 2

-DH

Petchsky

Reaction score
Re: Die Hard hairline! my hairloss story and new regiment

Use the img button and paste the url in between the two.

You need to cut the proscar pills into four, which will give you four 1.25mg doses. Use the nizoral as well

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score

Petchsky said:
Use the img button and paste the url in between the two.

You need to cut the proscar pills into four, which will give you four 1.25mg doses. Use the nizoral as well

The pics are stored onto my hard drive..sorry if this is irrelevant but it seems like you're describing how to post from the web...

The dr. nor pharmacist mentioned cutting the pills..is this normal? why would they need to be cut?

Thanks

DH

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score

Because finasteride stops being effective after 1mg. There's no point taking more. You'll save a lot of money by cutting Proscar (or another generic version) into 4ths rather than taking Propecia (which comes in 1mg tablets).

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score

And regarding pictures, you have to host them on the web somewhere before you can put them in a post. Google for an image hosting service, there are free ones.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score

Avery said:
And regarding pictures, you have to host them on the web somewhere before you can put them in a post. Google for an image hosting service, there are free ones.

Thanks for all the info my friend, I hadn't heard that before. As for the pics, I'll find a hosting service and get them up there so that we can all see what i've got to loose :hairy:

-DH

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score

updated w/ pics

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: die_hard's story - (my hairloss story and new regiment/pics)

Next update: I just went out and bought three months supply of the nizoral. Don't really know a whle lot about it at all, but I har it works great with finasteride and just as good as min. Can anyone fill me in with some tips/facts on this? it's hard to research since it's not a 100% proven scientific method yet....

-DH

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Die_hard's Story - (24 and new regimen/pics)

Your loss seems similar to mine and i jumped on the nizoral band wagon 2 weeks ago as i noticed more shedding.
Dont see much from the shampoo yet, but it dries your hair out a fair bit.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score

thenational said:
Your loss seems similar to mine and i jumped on the nizoral band wagon 2 weeks ago as i noticed more shedding.
Dont see much from the shampoo yet, but it dries your hair out a fair bit.

From what I've read it takes a while to get any results just like min and finasteride. I guess if you use conditioner along with it, it lessens the dryness. I actually have a shaved head (well, almost, like number 2) so I don't have to worry about that yet, but I'll likely use some extra moisturizing conditioner in the future

-DH

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score

Well, Here's a 5 week update. No sides at all, which was what I was expecting. Very big shed though, also what I was thinking. The thin spots are now much noticeably thinner as you'll see in the pictures below..hairline doesn't seem to have receited any more than it was though. It's a bit hard to look in a mirror and see my hair so thin, but overall I'm fine with it. It still looks decent being chaved really short, and after all..the hair sheds so it can come back thicker, so so far I would say I'm happy with what's happening.

I'm thinking now about adding in minoxidil to the regimen, but the whole application process just seems to be such a hassel..

-DH

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Die_hard's Story - (24 recieting/diffuse) 5 WEEK UPDATE/PICS

Same here DH. Try and hang in there, like yourself I want to see if finasteride and nizoral work for me rather than adding minoxidil. If it comes to the about the 9-12 month mark and no improvement I will then maybe add minoxidil.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Die_hard's Story - (24 recieting/diffuse) 5 WEEK UPDATE/PICS

Ok, so here's my three month marker. Hair is still diffuse on top but it's thickened up a bit and the hairline has certainly widened. I'm really happy with the results so far. 0 sides!!!!

The new pics are taken one after another, first with flash, other in the bathroom light. I'm also wearing hair glue and i've just buzzed it to a number 4 grade riht before taking the pics.

So I'm looking at the pics and comparing with biased eyes, what do you guys think?

-DH

Petchsky

Reaction score
Looking better, the sides look fuller also

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
I think maybe I should take a few pics without gel again for a fairer comparison...