Difference Between Shedding and A Product Not Working?

Reaction score
How do you tell the difference between a shed and finasteride (or whatever else) just not working?I was losing hair and I carried on losing hair on finasteride for a few months, then I seemed to lose very little or none at all for a few months (which was great), but then I started losing hair again, and in new places (back of my head). My hairline has visibly receded and this has been going on for about 6 months. How long do you give it before giving up and trying something else? I started on finasteride about 13 months ago and I don't know whether it has stopped working for me after a mere 3 months or so of working or whether it will start working again? I'm wondering whether to drop finasteride and switch to dutasteride.

Any advice or experiences welcome please

Reaction score
difficult to answer..

I would say if you noticeably gone from shedding terminal strong hairs to a more miniaturised ones. Then again you have always have a certain amount of more or less miniaturised hairs so yeah.. but for example if terminal hairs at your hairline over time is being replace by weaker ones

also if you lose hair in a typical male pattern baldness pattern and your hairline and/or crown get worse after a shed and then don't improve over the next few months then that would be a sure sign that either treatment isn't working or it cant hold off the male pattern baldness process