difference between shedding hair due to male pattern baldness continuing or finasteride?

craig990

Reaction score
To me there is no difference. I mean hair will shed due to miniaturization from DHT. There is no difference in the look of the hair, which is thinner at the root. However, I see many threads on here which ask the difference between them etc.

So can you see any difference between male pattern baldness continuing or whether hair is shed due to finasteride?

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
i understand why you're asking this but how can there be any possible answer!
if you're on finasteride you are using the main dht inhibitor apart from dutasteride. the only way you can know is by giving it time and seeing if your hair stays the same or gets worse in which case its the male pattern baldness!

how long have you been using finasteride?

craig990

Reaction score
Looking back at the post now; you are right in saying it can't be answered. Though, the reason I ask is because people are always so confident that they are shedding due to finasteride rather than male pattern baldness just continuing or accelerating.

I have been on finasteride for a little over 4 months now. Some days I see reduced shedding of hairs, others not so much. One thing I have noticed is that I have periods where the itch is present 24/7 and then periods where the itch is gone. Weird!