Diffuse Thinning 19?

collegedude19

Reaction score
Thanks for clicking on my post since this is my first one ever. To start things off I'm 19 years old and I first noticed my hair becoming different when I was a senior in high school. I have a auto inflammatory disease called Ulcerative Colitis and for those who don't know what that is it's like Chrons. Anyways, last year i got tired of worrying about it and I saw a dermatologist and she told me to start rogaine (even tho she barley looked at me). But I had a severe shed when I started and it changed my hair texture I think and possibly made my hair loss worse. I believe I may have chronic telogen effluvium because 6 months ago my hair was looking good and around september a huge shed started. It was right around when I started college again and some stressful events happened and now my hair is looking worse then ever and I'm really depressed. I buzzed my hair with no guard so I was pretty much bald because I couldn't even look at my self any more and now it looks like I have the thinnest scalp hair. I also have a weird thin shinny patch on the middle of my scalp. I also stopped laser hair treatments a little before i noticed the shedding again and so far my hair hasn't gotten any better. Please respond if you've heard of anything like this or think i have telogen effluvium or are am just have male pattern baldness. Ill attach a picture from like 7 months ago from where my hair looked decent and where it is now. The picture where my hair looks darker is when i wasnt shedding. And the hair that Ive applied rogaine to is lighter then where I havent applied it has anyone heard of that?