Diffusers and hair transplant

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have diffuse thinning, am I right in thinking that you can't really thicken up those diffuse areas with a hair transplant?

and my other question is

I like the buzzed look - I don't seem to get on with meds however, (gyno prone)
So is it possible to get a hair transplant so I could have a hairline suitable for a buzz in later years when the rest falls out, I know this isn't normally recommended, but in this specific situation would someone do it? I mean if you used FUE with a small punch?
Think Zidane but with the bald crown more on top, where since it is buzzed 0.5 it still looks ok. In my opinion.
Please see my pics in the link below. (My father is about NW5a-6, and I think I am going same way. Luckily I don't think there any NW7s, mainly 5 and 6s)

I think Vin Diesel (hero to many a shaven baldy) may have had this, I saw a pic of him with hair and though it's now shaved his hairline appears further forward than it did with hair.

Thanks a lot for help, I know my questions are a bit off the wall perhaps.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Vin Diesel with hair? You gotta show us.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
EDIT:
I just looked it up and it was actually a wig to make him look receding for that role. It was in a film called "find me guilty" anyway:
Find-Me-Guilty.article.jpg

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
So back to the original question, anyone?

G

easynow said:
If you have diffuse thinning, am I right in thinking that you can't really thicken up those diffuse areas with a hair transplant?

and anther Q,

I like the buzzed look - I don't seem to get on with meds however, (gyno prone) is it possible to get a hair transplant so I could have a hairline suitable for a buzz in later years when the rest falls out, I know this isn't normally recommended, but in this specific situation would someone do it? I mean if you used FUE with a small punch?
Think Zidane but with the bald crown more on top, where since it is buzzed 0.5 it still looks ok. IMO?
I think Vin Diesel (hero to many a shaven baldy) may have had this, I saw a pic of him with hair and though it's now shaved his hairline appears further forward than it did with hair.

Thanks a lot for help, I know my questions are a bit off the wall perhaps.

I believe if your looking to simply create a hair transplant that looks great buzzed down or simply shorter, then yes, I believe fue can accomplish this.

It may be that creating a hairline that is slightly more forward than normal (.2-.5cm) and approaching the first 100cm of the male pattern with 4000-4500 grafts (a graft density of 40-45fu/cm2, slightly higher hair density) and leaving 1500-2000 grafts for the rear/crown 100cm (a density of 15-20 fu/cm/2) would look absolutely fantastic at perhaps 1-3cm in length.

Nothing is necessarily dismissed out of hand, but you must plan appropriately and stick to it--- the plan I discussed is very rational and by 30-35 would look stunningly age appropriate. I think Dr. ******** recently posted a patient with this in treatment plan in mind-- maybe you can ask Hairtech to dig it up for you-- its on another site.

Anyway, good luck and keep doing your research!!!!
Jason

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for that man.
Am I right in thinking though if your hair is diffuse thinning, then any transplants into the thinning areas risk losing the rest of that area through shock loss?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
easynow said:
Thanks a lot for that man.
Am I right in thinking though if your hair is diffuse thinning, then any transplants into the thinning areas risk losing the rest of that area through shock loss?

hair that falls off due to shock loss will eventually grow back.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Not if it was on its way out anyway.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Not if it was on its way out anyway.

thats true.

I should rephrase myself, if the non male pattern baldness-effected hair falls off due to shock loss, it will most likely grow back. :)

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairtech, Gillenator, what are your views on this?

youngnat

Reaction score
hey there, everyone may tell me im wrong, but from what ive read on diffuse thinning, if you have diffuse thinning all over doesnt that mean your hair all over is genetically programmed at some point to fall out (hence thinning), therefore transplanting from an area that is thinning already might be a waste of money as its hair that is pre-programmed to thin, so a doctor surely cannot guarantee how much hair youd have on top or in the future based on the fact he cant determine which hairs will fall out, which wont...

sorry if ive misunderstood the question...