digital scale...horrible experience

CCS

Reaction score
You have to put a clear cover over the scale to keep the slightest air from blowing over it from any angle. You also have to zero it out. Add a little, cover, then look and wait.

7mg is the last digit on the scale. One most scales, the last digit is not very precise.

What are you trying to measure? 7mg is probably a thin line half an inch long. In science, we make larger samples, and then cut those volumetrically. In your case, instead of making one dose for the day, make 10 at once in the same 70mg lump, which will be easier to read.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
baldinglikeamofo said:
I bought this .001g digital scale from amazon.com and it does a HORRIBLE job of measuring 7 milligrams.

I need to measure small amounts that way I can keep my solutions always fresh.

this is the product i'm using now

http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Ge ... 185&sr=8-3

what are some of the scale you guys are using with good experience measuring small amounts?

What are you using at such a small dose of 7mg?

baldinglikeamofo

Established Member
Reaction score
i just started ascj9.

The trials used .025% which is 7.5 mg per month.

Very hard to measure with a digital scale, my results to report back to guys will not be consistent because i'm eyeballing everything instead of using a scale.

el_duterino

Reaction score
as far as ASC-J9, they never did any trials for hairloss

the company has stopped any plans for male pattern baldness testing since 2009

we have no single study on animals hair growth either...

and yet people get so excited and are ready to spend all this money on it.

use RU, at least we have many studies available and many people are using it with good results, provided they also had good results on finasteride/dutasteride.

if dutasteride does nothing to slow down your hairloss, this means that you don't have normal male pattern baldness and you can forget about RU..and any other anti-androgen

el_duterino

Reaction score
safe because they used tiny amounts..and effective at what ? not at stopping hairloss.

again, if you want to know if this works for male pattern baldness you just need to find out what the serum half life is.
I suspect that it is quite long therefore they dropped initial testing for male pattern baldness.

baldinglikeamofo

Established Member
Reaction score
el_duterino said:
again, if you want to know if this works for male pattern baldness you just need to find out what the serum half life is.
I suspect that it is quite long therefore they dropped initial testing for male pattern baldness.

Why would a long half life make it ineffective?

baldinglikeamofo

Established Member
Reaction score
el_duterino said:
use RU, at least we have many studies available and many people are using it with good results, provided they also had good results on finasteride/dutasteride.

if dutasteride does nothing to slow down your hairloss, this means that you don't have normal male pattern baldness and you can forget about RU..and any other anti-androgen

I took both hair dx tests:

First test: "man who test positive for G variant has 70% chance of becoming bald"

Second test: I tested "negative for the short CAG allele of the AR gene", therefore I have "approximately a 70% chance of only a slight response using 1 mg of finasteride daily for 48 weeks"

This is why I haven't started RU yet. I'm on avodart for 8 months now (propecia for 1.5 years) and they both dont work.

el_duterino

Reaction score
if you tested negative on those tests, which means that reducing DHT won't work for you because DHT/ androgens are not your problem.

Any type of anti-androgen might not work for you, including those that reduce the androgen receptors such as ASC-J9 or fluridil.

As for the question on serum half life, yes for a topical to be effective for male pattern baldness it needs to have very little systemic side effects, in order to be able to use the larger amounts needed to stop male pattern baldness.

There are a lot of very powerful anti-androgens that will work great for male pattern baldness, such as flutamide or Casodex, cyproterone acetate etc.. but those will render normal sex life impossible within a short amount of time...not to mention other issues.

A powerful anti-androgen with a very short serum (=blood) half life is the pre-requisite for such male pattern baldness drug..and these are RU 58841, Cb-03-01 and fluridil.

el_duterino

Reaction score
how can you explain that reducing DHT by 90% does not stop his male pattern baldness but blocking the effect of testosterone would ? DHT is by far the most powerful androgen and therefore the main cause of male pattern baldness.