DIRTRIDER67 2 year update w/pic-thinking another procedure

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
hello all, it's been sometime now since i've visited this site so i thought i'd chime in and give an update. it's been 2 years since i had a 1500 graft strip procedure. i am 41 1/2 now and am very pleased with my results. been taking 1/4 pill proscar for almost 2 years also and have been using revita shampoo every other day. although i am very happy with my results, i would still like to have more density. i believe i had 30cm2 and i think it was a good call on my doctors part to stay that low for good blood supply and i truely feel that i have had a 100% growth rate. this time around, i am considering a FUE procedure because i do not want to tamper with my strip scar because it's virtualy unnoticeable. i would most likely only do 1000 grafts and am considering Dr Umar but that's still up in the air because i've just started reasearching my options. here are some pics and please feel free to give your utmost and honest opinion. hell, i've made it this far, i can certaintly handle a few more hits.
this pic is before and i made the purple dots just messing around.
4c2c8bc4.jpg

2 years post op
8-20-08wet001.jpg

8-20-08wet002.jpg

8-20-08wet006.jpg

8-20-08wet008.jpg

8-20-08wet012.jpg

8-20-08wet014.jpg

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks great DirtRider, particularly from front on.

Do you have any pics of your hair dry?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thin density, I'm in the same situation myself. Who did the original op?

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
yes, it is thin but i didn't want to take a chance dense packing it and having bad results. the doctor recomended between 30 and 60 cm2 to allow good blood flow so the grafts would take and not die off. but now that they are all growing strong, i want to add some density to it and i'm thinking that FUE is a better way to go than FUT. my scar healed up nicely and i don't want to risk it turning into a nightmare. so what do you guys think about adding 700-1000 FUE? is it the better way to go?

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
seems great! Do you consider using topic to make it look thicker? Also it would be good if you could post some pics with your hair dry. I am sure it looks much better (density wise)

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
hi yes, i did try toppic but it's more of a pain in the *** than anything and it seems to clump. here is a pic of my hair dry on the same day before i wetted it down.
8-20-08004.jpg

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
The result looks good for low density. You can use head and beard hair to build the density without using too much head hair grafts. Think of that too.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Why the hell would he want to use BHT? :dunno: He's only had 1500 grafts and only wants another small procedure. He's in his 40's and does'nt have a high degree of hairloss. He's probably got at least 4000 left in his donor area.
Why on earth would he opt for using non head hair and a procedure thats not guaranteed to be succesful would be less natural looking and cost alot more.

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me. Adding density will give you a great look.

Your density looks a lot like mine, except I am thinner in the crown and thicker in the front/mid scalp.

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the positives. yes, i have thought about BHT but i will wait on that until i have no donor left or if my next procedure covers well then i will most likely leave it alone. i just wonder how much of my existing hair is still there because of the meds. who knows, when they no longer work i may need to rely on BHT. hopefully it gets cheaper as time goes on. anyway, i'm just trying to get opinions and weigh my options.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
It looks thin, but natural. What route have you decided for future?

dirtrider67 said:
hello all, it's been sometime now since i've visited this site so i thought i'd chime in and give an update. it's been 2 years since i had a 1500 graft strip procedure. i am 41 1/2 now and am very pleased with my results. been taking 1/4 pill proscar for almost 2 years also and have been using revita shampoo every other day. although i am very happy with my results, i would still like to have more density. i believe i had 30cm2 and i think it was a good call on my doctors part to stay that low for good blood supply and i truely feel that i have had a 100% growth rate. this time around, i am considering a FUE procedure because i do not want to tamper with my strip scar because it's virtualy unnoticeable. i would most likely only do 1000 grafts and am considering Dr Umar but that's still up in the air because i've just started reasearching my options. here are some pics and please feel free to give your utmost and honest opinion. hell, i've made it this far, i can certaintly handle a few more hits.
this pic is before and i made the purple dots just messing around.
4c2c8bc4.jpg

2 years post op
8-20-08wet001.jpg

8-20-08wet002.jpg

8-20-08wet006.jpg

8-20-08wet008.jpg

8-20-08wet012.jpg

8-20-08wet014.jpg

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The design is great. You seem to be OK with the density. I think 1500-2000 would thicken it up without killing your donor. I don't believe in maxing the donor out. I think framing the face and enough hair to style goes along way for a guy in his 40's

Best,
LG

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks LG. like always, i appreciate your opinion. good to see that your still in this galaxy.

i really do like the shape and direction of the new hairs and i've tried to grow it long but it just looks way better short. i'm thinking about 700 to 1000 for fill in would be good. i'm in no big hurry because i can still get away with the way it looks now and heck, i'm 41 so i don't need a 20 year old head of hair. i'll keep you all updated on my decision.