Disconnected's Story /w pics

Disconnected

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I've been reading these forums for about 2 years now but decided to register only recently. I'm a 27 years old male who's been losing his hair for several years now.

The past:

I was around 17 when I first noticed I was losing hair. It started with my temples slowly receding. At the time it didn't bother me much since my hair was quite thick and everything else was going well in my life.

The receding continued and about 5 years later a I also noticed some all around thinning on the top of my head. At that time my hair was quite long which possibly made it look even worse with the thinning and all so I cut it shorter. It actually looked better and I was happier with the way I looked.

When I was around 25 years old my crown started thinning rapidly and also the thinning on the top of my head had become more obvious. At that time I also found these forums and started doing research on the different options against hairloss.

Losing my hair caused a downward spiral in pretty much all of the mental aspects of my life when I first really noticed it and realized what my future was gonna be like. I've always been shy and this definitely didn't improve the situation. School and social relations suffered. I won't go into detail with this since I'm sure everyone who's been through this knows what it's like.

The present:

I was a bit sceptical towards minoxidil and finasteride - Applying minoxidil seemed to be a hassle with anything else than a buzzcut and the possible sides from finasteride seemed scary. Finally after about six months of contemplating things I came to the conclusion that things aren't going to get any better if I won't do anything and as the saying goes: "It's better to burn out than fade away".

Ordered me some Kirkland 5%, got a prescription for Gefina (an equivalent of Proscar) and bought some Nizoral 2%. Here's the plan:

finasteride - 0,625mg/day (a pill cut in 8ths)
minoxidil - once a day on temples only
nizoral - 3 times a week

Here are some pics that were taken today:

Temples:

Front:

Crown:

And here's the whole damn mess from the worst possible angle with the worst possible lighting:

The future:

Well, popped my first pill a few hours ago. I hope I'll one day be posting on the Success Stories -section. :)

Gonna post the first update on the beginning of June. Until then...

Nighthair

Established Member
Reaction score
Best of luck bro. Remember to stay positive and stick with your meds no matter what for at least a year. Take pictures too to track your progress! :)

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good luck, disconnected. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress as your loss is pretty similar to mine, I'm not so receded in front, but have lost more on the crown.

Currently I've abandoned all meds, apart from essential and emu oils, if you can call them medication. But I'm looking at the possibility of starting up again.

Again, good luck.

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score
I never heard of Gefina. Are you sure it's a legitimate product? Where did you buy it? If I were you, I'd take no risks, it's always safer to buy the brand drugs. Good luck!