Discretion With Fue Recipient Area; How Long?

bandersnatchi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a crew-cut type haircut looking to get an FUE procedure soon. I will be able to cut the donor area but am not shaving the recipient area (small operation, 1000 grafts to temples).

How hard will it be to hide the surgery 2-3 days after? will I be able to play off the recipient area scabbing/swelling? I usually heal very well and my front hair is long to cover up the hairline.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Scabs will probably last 10-14 days. Redness can persist much longer. I had just 800 grafts to my hairline and still have redness almost 2 months later. Swelling will probably be gone within 3-5 days. If your hair is long enough to cover the recipient area then you're good to go within 5 days.

bandersnatchi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Scabs will probably last 10-14 days. Redness can persist much longer. I had just 800 grafts to my hairline and still have redness almost 2 months later. Swelling will probably be gone within 3-5 days. If your hair is long enough to cover the recipient area then you're good to go within 5 days.
how are the results so far??

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
how are the results so far??

Non existent. At under 2 months I wouldn't expect any results. Post surgery redness is still annoyingly present. Most of the hair shed, some remained but it's cosmetically insignificant and doesn't appear to be growing. I'd rather it just shed to be honest! It's not doing anything

bandersnatchi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Non existent. At under 2 months I wouldn't expect any results. Post surgery redness is still annoyingly present. Most of the hair shed, some remained but it's cosmetically insignificant and doesn't appear to be growing. I'd rather it just shed to be honest! It's not doing anything
Interesting. I am getting a procedure either in Turkey or with Armani within the next 2 months. Interesting to see how the process goes.

Is your redness, etc. easily concealable? I am trying to keep the procedure hidden from pretty much everyone. It will all just be hairline/temple work.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I could conceal it if I cut a fringe into my hair, but I have long hair parted in the middle so where I part it the redness and straggle transplanted hairs are still visible.

shookwun

Reaction score
Donor area after fue will be grown out at about 9-10 days.

Scabs should be gone by 9-10 days also.

Anything before then will be Detectable unless you get a high fade. Hair will be even and grown out at around 5 days I'd say. Cut it.

Avoid hair cut on receipt until 9-10 days