Do I have male pattern baldness?!

Stretfordend

Reaction score
Okay, here's my story.
I'm now 19 and I recently had a haircut. Had it just trimmed down. At a party, while some of my mates were clicking pictures, they managed to capture my crown area. And I was shocked when I saw the photos. It looked as if I was half bald! Now I was losing hair, but it was only on the towel when I used to dry my hair. I used to notice around 7-10 hairs everytime i used to shower(2-3 times a day), but i made notjing of it as i never really noticed losing hair during the remainder of the day.
Now my dad has a full head of hair, but my grandfather(father's side) lost his hair due to some medical condition, although his hair on the temples is relatively thick. He has just lost all his hair at the crown area. Even my father's brother has not shown any signs of male pattern baldness.
Coming to my mother's side, my mom's hair starting thinning around my age, don't know the reason for that. Her father at 70 has all his hair. All her male second cousins too have not receded except for one. She has a younger sister who also has no hair loss.
The hair at my temple is the same. It hasn't receded, it is only the crown I'm worried about. I don't think i'n genetically disposed to suffer from male pattern baldness. Or am I?
I've included some pictures of my crown, takedn after the party.
Am I actually sufferring from male pattern baldness?
Link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/84040632@N06/with/8292067972/#photo_8292067972

progosu

Reaction score
First of all no idea why you're even trying compare yourself to the women in your family. Second of all It's definitely a MBP, your hair is clearly thinning in the crown area and I'd say the situation is pretty bad for your age, you better start doing something with it, go to a doctor.

- - - Updated - - -

First of all no idea why you're even trying compare yourself to the women in your family. Second of all It's definitely a MBP, your hair is clearly thinning in the crown area and I'd say the situation is pretty bad for your age, you better start doing something with it, go to a doctor.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jump on dutasteride or Finasteride - doctors in the UK will not prescribe Dutasteride to you as it's not intended for male pattern baldness

Doctors will prescribe finasteride, just don't go to your GP unless he knows about this stuff.

Regarding your OP, nah, I don't think you have any problems. Just keep an eye on it.