Do I need conditioner with nizoral

canikeepit

Reaction score
I was just wondering if I sould be applying a conditioner after nizoral, or if I sould just let it be. It's kind of drying to the hair I find, but I don't want to counter act any medicianal effects going on.

If I should use a conditioner, any suggestions. I found this natural tea tree conditioner beside the nizoral that looked interesting.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont think nizoral does anything after you wash it off,. just for the 5 minutes its on your scalp. Condition away,.

I use Hair Therapy's Scalp Calming Tea Tree Oil Conditioner. Its great.

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, you need to condition your scalp after using Nizoral because it tends to leave it dry, to the point of itch. Nizoral used to have its own brand conditioner, which was discontinued becasue it didn't sell. The Infosium 23 offered by the gardener is very good, but I've found one even better: Suave Perfomance Series 2-Minute Recovery Deep Conditioner.

avri

G

How about conditioning after T-gel? I can handle the nizoral, it makes my hair feel pretty good. But the T-gel dries it all out.

The Gardener

Reaction score
badasshairday said:
How about conditioning after T-gel? I can handle the nizoral, it makes my hair feel pretty good. But the T-gel dries it all out.

All of those medicated shampoos tend to be kind of hard on the hair. I recommend conditioning after all of them.