Do some people NOT shed, or barely shed?

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score
hmm, right now I have a shaved head -- was considering growing it so I can monitor progress/lack or progress better, take pics, etc... ---Going on 2 weeks of finasteride.

on the other hand, i might just keep it this way, so I don't have to go through the sheds, or when I do shed, just go back to full twice-a-week shave.

decisions..

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
Kind of Ironic that you have a shaved head and taking propecia, i commend you for taking the plunge and shaving it all off. For me its more of an inevitable state that I don't want to be at until i absolutely must. Does it look good??

GeminiX

Reaction score
I don't think I had any shedding at all really, there where days were my hair seemed thinner but I still get that today.

I swear, I could make a fortune selling wigs and hairpieces from the amount of hair I get on my brush every day :)

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score
Some people have said it looks good -- others prefer jokes. Since I've done it 2 weeks ago, three fellas at work have taken the plunge as well. STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!

At first, my face was tan and my head was bare white, but I've been working on a tan and that helps at lot.

Petchsky

Reaction score
If you do shed, shaved head for a few months is best, as long as you have before photos you can compare in 3 or 6 months by growing it out a little.

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, i don't have before photos at this time. I kind of shaved my head in the heat of the moment if you will -- I plan on growing it out for 5-6 days and take a pic from there (in the next couple weeks). I'll be sure to post them here.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've not had a shed yet and I'm around 10 months in.

Pelle

Reaction score
I shed a lot...everyday around 300+ hairs. That's the reason that I take proscar.

Are there people who shedded like crazy before using finasteride and now shed normal?