Do You Shower The Hair System While It's On?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I've read some people don't wash it at all while it's on. Doesn't it become dirty then? I think I need to wash it atleast a little bit every time I shower to make it look good and clean. Somehow it starts to look exactly like dirty natural hair, if I don't do it. Perhaps it's due to the products I put in it daily.

NeedHair101

Reaction score
I used a hair system for 17 days and I had to call it quits. I hated not being able to enjoy a nice shower while wearing the hairpiece. It was a struggle sleeping with it. It also itched like crazy sometimes. I had to limit my activities like not playing a lot of basketball, cutting my grass outside or running. The hair stylist used glue and tape which was an ugly combination in the hot humid summer months. You are supposed to use a sulfate free shampoo with conditioner when you shower. GOOD LUCK SIR!

Unless you are a professional and can clean and re-attach your own hairpiece every week its not worth it.
You are also suppose to learn how to lift the front of the hair system only to do a quick front hair line cleaning or else you will experience a dirty gray line that forms on your forehead due to sweat and dirt that accumulates daily. There are really good YouTube videos.
Search for a "mg ford" on youtube. He has really good videos on how to do self maintenance on your hair system. Here is the link.
https://www.youtube.com/user/mgford3425/videos

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I used a hair system for 17 days and I had to call it quits. I hated not being able to enjoy a nice shower while wearing the hairpiece. It was a struggle sleeping with it. It also itched like crazy sometimes. I had to limit my activities like not playing a lot of basketball, cutting my grass outside or running. The hair stylist used glue and tape which was an ugly combination in the hot humid summer months. You are supposed to use a sulfate free shampoo with conditioner when you shower. GOOD LUCK SIR!

Unless you are a professional and can clean and re-attach your own hairpiece every week its not worth it.
You are also suppose to learn how to lift the front of the hair system only to do a quick front hair line cleaning or else you will experience a dirty gray line that forms on your forehead due to sweat and dirt that accumulates daily. There are really good YouTube videos.
Search for a "mg ford" on youtube. He has really good videos on how to do self maintenance on your hair system. Here is the link.
https://www.youtube.com/user/mgford3425/videos

What would an alternative be to Walker Lace Release that he uses at 7:02 and to clean the skin and the lace? Does C-22, baby oil or isopropyl alcohol do the same?

Hairy bear

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe one day, if you really keep up your campaign Jimbo, we can see wig hurling in the Olympics! I'm thinking thin skin would have better aerodynamic properties....

shookwun

Reaction score
My piece used to lose its bond all the time after 3-4 days when I showered.

I would get out, and suddenly half the bond on the side of my head would come off.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
My piece used to lose its bond all the time after 3-4 days when I showered.

I would get out, and suddenly half the bond on the side of my head would come off.
Strange. Hasn't happened to me, but I don't shower it daily either. What adhesive did you use?

shookwun

Reaction score
I showered in it every single day.

Morning, and sometimes in the evening. Vigirous sweating though out the day.

I lived my life, what do you expect? No point to wearing if I can't do everything I normally would do. I suppose if you do nothing physical, and dont shower your toupee it would be different.

I used walker ultra hard glue.

When I started using walker ultra tape, and reinforced with glue on the sides, and back it wasn't an issue. Glue alone....not a chance. my hair grows fast under neath also.