Do you want an Internet ID?

CCS

Reaction score
The UN, and Obama, and others, are pushing to require all internet users to have an Internet ID, so everyone's ID is known on the internet. I think breaking down anonymity would make people afraid to state their true views. If McCarthy comes back from the dead and attacks again, tracking down your political discussions with and Internet ID would make it every easy for him to know whom to round up.

Am I getting the facts right? Or does Internet ID just mean that websites selling scam products would have to identify the owners before they could be set up? Bye Bye finasteride pharmacies.

I'm not bashing Obama. I'm just saying you should tell him and your democrat representatives to vote against it.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
any sources i can read for this information?
you pretty much do reveal a lot of your personal details when you go onto a website, most of which can be kept private if you use proxy, but then that depends on how much you trust the proxy provider because they pretty much then have all the details you are trying to hide

ACTA is pretty much an undemocratic atrocity, and only atrocities are committed when people try to censor or control the internet
if you read up on what you can on ACTA you'll find it's quite an ironic policy for the "land of the free"
even more ironic is if america and europe buy into ACTA then russia will actually be free in comparison to the west

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was tought in college that your ip address is like your post code so you can be traced. In a way this can be viewed as a form of id which only your isp would know of. However like your post code it can change and mulitple people could use it especially if your using a company network that uses dhcp to allocate ip addresses. I believe the only unique id on the computer is the mac address.

Im curious as to how his could work out. It would certainly bring the law to the internet and rid us of cyber abuse and fraud.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
follicle84 said:
I was tought in college that your ip address is like your post code so you can be traced. In a way this can be viewed as a form of id which only your isp would know of. However like your post code it can change and mulitple people could use it especially if your using a company network that uses dhcp to allocate ip addresses. I believe the only unique id on the computer is the mac address.

Im curious as to how his could work out. It would certainly bring the law to the internet and rid us of cyber abuse and fraud.
it depends if it's a static ip or a dynamic ip
with a static ip your ip adress is for you and only you
whereas with a dynamic ip your ip changes but your isp has logs on who they assigned the ip to and when
i wouldn't say "postcode" would be accurate for ip
idk networking is admiringly a weak part of my computer knowledge but i know your details are pretty much disclosed and provable to you when you go onto any website