Does a shed mean hair loss in the donor area?

Rockinlove

Established Member
Reaction score
I am a 29 year old diffuse thinner. Have been on generic propecia and minoxidil for the past 5 years (my hair loss started at 24). Switched to generic dutasteride recently. Tried it 3 times a week during November and upped the dose to every day since January. Noticed immense shedding within 3 weeks including my sideburns and donor area. I understanding that I must give dutasteride six months. However, is hair loss in the donor area normal?

Rockinlove

Established Member
Reaction score
I am a 29 year old diffuse thinner. Have been on generic propecia and minoxidil for the past 5 years (my hair loss started at 24). Switched to generic dutasteride recently. Tried it 3 times a week during November and upped the dose to every day since January. Noticed immense shedding within 3 weeks including my sideburns and donor area. I understanding that I must give dutasteride six months. However, is hair loss in the donor area normal?

The loss in the donor area worries me greatly. Must I wait it out till June? (six months) or switch back to finasteride.

Is there any retailer that ships a topical anti- androgen to India?