Does anyone else's hair fall out like this?

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
I know I already made a thread about the rate out which my hair falls out, but I was wondering - does anyone else here experience shedding like this?

Mine has been going on for last few months and shows no sign of slowing down, of anything it it geting worse.

Theres hairs on the pillow every morning, hairs over my clothes, hairs in the bath and on the towel, hairs over my comptuer keyboard and desk, hairs eveywhere I go.

And hairs will come out all over my head whenever I pull on it really gently (and I mean gentle enough that only the loosest of hairs would come out), same when I drag my fingers lightly over my head.

I reckon I easily lose between 100 and 200 hairs a day. Thats means I'm losing about 1000 a week, thats a hell of a lot considering how little I have and if it carries on I will be N7 by xmas.

I was wondering does anyone else experience hairloss this bad where their hair seems to be falling out continuously?

under20

Established Member
Reaction score
ive been losing over 150 hairs just in the shower since january or maybe even earlier. Last time i counted i lost 206 hairs in the shower. Dont count anymore because its just depressing and that dont help sh*t. i started propecia in may and fallout continues.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I do believe you are thinking about it too much..thats just my opinion but i bet you didnt notice that much coming out before cause you were in denial about your hairloss ..i mean it happens.

I doubt your hair is falling out any quicker then the rest of us.
Be happy you woke up this morning.

bombscience

Reaction score
the other day for good old times sake i decided to shake my hair over the sink and see what happened. Over 300 hairs fell out. No Lie. I stopped counting at 300.

Cheers Fellas.

ps. dont count it's stupid.

hopewas

Reaction score
it's impossible to count them all anyway. i shed a lot of hair a day. you just have to hope it'll grow back. that's what keeps me going. until it gets noticible to others, i'm not going to worry

bombscience

Reaction score
hopewas said:
it's impossible to count them all anyway. i shed a lot of hair a day. you just have to hope it'll grow back. that's what keeps me going. until it gets noticible to others, i'm not going to worry

i'm there now man, should i worry?

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You may want to start taking propecia and 50 to 100 hairs a fall out a day is normal. You must understand that not all your hair that is in the shower is coming form your head. Some of it is body hair so don't get to upset about the number.

The only reason why I say to start propecia because your not taking any product that will block DHT and none of your product is FDA approve to regrow hair.

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
same here bombscience, my hairloss is definately noticeable to others (you only have to look at my pics to see that), plus over the last 3 months my hairloss has become visibly worse

Actionpack - I have been on finasteride before, but thats another story. I plan to start taking finasteride after next week as well as get some folligen, but will only be on 0.5mg finasteride due to side effects I had been getting on 1mg. I am actually thinking about buying propecia rather than proscar just so that I can cut the tablet in half without having to mess about trying to get the right doses from a tiny 5mg proscar pill

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
oh and by the way - I can tell the difference between my body hair and head hair due to my head hair never being long than a cm, and my body hair is always much darker and thicker anyway :)