Does anyone feel propecia has made them worse?

jason566

Established Member
Reaction score
anybody?..i just began takin it yesterday dropped my first pill but only .25mg starting off anyone feel this way espically people who been using a year or more?..and personally i think some overexagerate this

hopewas

Reaction score
no. and why are you taking only that dosage. they'll you'll b**ch later on that it does nothing. take 1.25 of the proscar pill. i have for over 4 months and my hair is doing well. the shed in the begginning is bad but after that you're homefree

Reaction score
yeah I do feel Propecia has worsened my hairs. Hairloss increased at the begining of the treatment. At that time I didn't freak out, kept thinking it was a good sign. But hair loss never really stopped, I'm still loosing way much than before treatment...and it has been 10 months. In my front (or anywhere else) I can barely see any sign of growth/regrowth. All the hairs I've lost haven't been replaced. is it triggering my growth cycle or what ?!

Under finasteride I've begun to thin (never saw so much thin hairs in the sink before). I'm sick and tired of swallowing the sh*t. I'm about to give up but I'm always thinking the change is at the corner. Recently, I've jumped on the minoxidil bandwagon, but I'm really depressed at that time...

never heard of anyone having a large "awakening" of hair follicles under finasteride after 10 months... :cry:

sh*t

R.

fandabbydozy

Reaction score
how do you know people exagerate?
all you can do is take the stuff,give it a year,then see for yourself.

fandabbydozy

Reaction score
RomanFromFrance said:
yeah I do feel Propecia has worsened my hairs. Hairloss increased at the begining of the treatment. At that time I didn't freak out, kept thinking it was a good sign. But hair loss never really stopped, I'm still loosing way much than before treatment...and it has been 10 months. In my front (or anywhere else) I can barely see any sign of growth/regrowth. All the hairs I've lost haven't been replaced. is it triggering my growth cycle or what ?!

Under finasteride I've begun to thin (never saw so much thin hairs in the sink before). I'm sick and tired of swallowing the sh*t. I'm about to give up but I'm always thinking the change is at the corner. Recently, I've jumped on the minoxidil bandwagon, but I'm really depressed at that time...

never heard of anyone having a large "awakening" of hair follicles under finasteride after 10 months... :cry:

sh*t

R.

sounds exactly the stage im at.i`ve see the same results(rapid loss,no regrowth)and all hope evaporate as each month ticks by.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
yepper, Im in the same boat, rapid loss, no stoppage and def. no regrowth. The diffusion seems to be creeping back further , it was limited to the front before starting propecia.......

Reaction score
do you know hox long it takes to "flush out" finasteride from your body when you stop ? I heard it took 2 weeks. Does that mean if my increasing hairloss is due to propecia it may stop in 1/2 month ?

jblig, do you plan to quit ?

Diddy

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had great regrowth in 15 months. Around 8th month my hair exploded in growth. Around 14th month shed 300+ hairs a day to the point where it was ridiculous. I kept on trucking and now my hair has probably peaked in terms of quality. Give it at least the full year, but in my case i shed and regrow outside of that one year window.

Jason: take at least .5mg dosage, .25 dosage is too minimal in my opinion.

Romanfromfrance: takes like 2 days to get it out of your system, but about 2 weeks for DHT levels to start rising.

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear guys, thats a royal kick in the balls. If its supposed to reduce DHT then it should. You may try thinking outside the box and look into you have a history of thyroid problems in your family tree. Or it may be something else

Deaner

Reaction score
Then you may not be a responder... but I doubt it's Proscar's fault.

hopewas

Reaction score
my hair is thinner but i'd like to think it's because i'm shedding again. it's known that shedding occurs a lot in the summer and in the winter it doesn't. i always freak out when i see my hair go thin...but it always gets better. hopefully it does this time too. it's at it's worst now in the front