Does anyone know how to make topical MSM?

shivs

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a topical recipe of msm to apply to my scalp. Just want to experiment while I am on propecia and rogaine. Thanx!

Harry

Reaction score
shivs -- I'm curious, what made you think of this? was it because of the hair of people who have one of the mucopolysaccharidoses?

shivs

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you ask that question again but this time in english =) thanx!

hate2shed

Established Member
Reaction score
Just buy shampoo with MSM
shen min vitalize shampoo is a good shampoo i rotate it with Nizoral
it has MSM in it and its very gentle

Stingray

Reaction score
Mucopolysaccharidoses? Same to you *** monkey!

funkster

Reaction score
Add 5g (a heaped teaspoon) of MSM crystals to 100ml of distilled water.

Apply once a day. Voila.

You'll also benefit from plenty of internal MSM. Start on 2g per day (tablets) and build up slowly over a couple of weeks to 6g daily, split into 2x3g doses - one in the morning, the other in the evening.

Drink plenty of water as it tends to dehydrate you when you first take it.

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
funkster said:
Add 5g (a heaped teaspoon) of MSM crystals to 100ml of distilled water.

Apply once a day. Voila.

You'll also benefit from plenty of internal MSM. Start on 2g per day (tablets) and build up slowly over a couple of weeks to 6g daily, split into 2x3g doses - one in the morning, the other in the evening.

Drink plenty of water as it tends to dehydrate you when you first take it.

funkster,

it's my understanding that msm only increases the rate of hair growth, but does not stop the balding process or stimulate hair follicles to produce new hairs (like minoxidil does). is this correct?

shivs

Established Member
Reaction score
That is correct, but lets say you do grow a little bit of hair w/rogaine or propecia/since msm speeds up growth rate, it would make sense to use it in order to speed up the growth of those new hairs. I used Msm in the past and it really improved my hair and facial skin, I got lazy and never purchased anymore until last week. I am going to be posting pics in a month; before and afters. For all you newbies out there who dont have a clue and need info about the treatments out there for hairloss this is a great site. It talks about Proven Treatments (just for you stingray!) =) and the rest of the crap thats out there and does a pretty good job on not misleading anyone to scammies!
http://www.skinbiology.com

proscar 1mg- every other day
nizoral 1%- 4 days a week
Multi/aminos- daily
Msm- 1000mg 3x a day
minoxidil- 1x a day now-irritation!

ryanfrank

Reaction score
Sorry, but what is MSM, what are its benefits and side effects, where can you buy it and how much does it cost ?

thanks

G

Use the search funtion here. I posted an article about four days ago.

shivs

Established Member
Reaction score
Msm contains high amounts of sulphur which is really good for your hair. It does not prevent hairloss, but it does improve hair quality and it speeds up the growth of the hair that you do have. Its only costs about 9 bucks and its well worth it! at least for me it is! Try it for about a month.

shivs

Established Member
Reaction score
NO known side effects, suplhur is naturally occuring. Three grams a day should be enough.

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
shivs said:
Msm contains high amounts of sulphur which is really good for your hair. It does not prevent hairloss, but it does improve hair quality and it speeds up the growth of the hair that you do have. Its only costs about 9 bucks and its well worth it! at least for me it is! Try it for about a month.

I'm assuming this stuff works taken internally or topically, yes? I would rather take it internally. I already use too many topicals as it is.

9 bucks you say? Is this for a one month supply?

shivs

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought my Msm from gnc 1000mg (90 capsules) $9.99 It should last you about a month. I am pretty sure there are cheaper places, you just have to do the research. I am going to try a topical msm solution this week. I will let you know how it goes in a few weeks.

Harry

Reaction score
*** monkey my arse. mucopolysachharidoses is a collection of diseases where the person can't get rid of glucosamine sulfate chains called glycosaminoglycans. people with this disease tend to have ridiculously thick scalp hair. For some reason when I saw msm, I was thinking of glucosamine sulfate instead, my bad. However, topical glucosamine sulfate is still worth looking into in my opinion. (yes I know... unproven and experimental...)

oh also.... during the anagen phase of the hair cycle glycosaminoglycans seem to provide a protective sheath against dht.

shivs

Established Member
Reaction score
Well they do put glucosamine and msm together in many products. I know that glucosamine does wonders for your joints and i dont need fda approval because I know about 35 people that take glucosamine and stated that their was a significant improvement in their joints but i never heard of it used for hairloss but then again I think that the cure is out there its just a matter of stumbling upon it, probably ends up being 2oz of windex mixed in with tequila!

hairgrass

Reaction score
nah..I already tried windex and tequila...it's all hype.