Does combing of hair speed up male pattern baldness?

The Gardener

Reaction score
No.

But some people 'over-brush' their hair because it 'feels good' to them, which is a sign of irritated scalp. I used to do the same.

Instead of 'over-brushing', a regimen including Nizoral or some other anti-irritation shampoo should get rid of the instinct and interest in doing so.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nexus81 said:
I read some ridiculous claim on a website and HLH too. Is that true?
No combing your hair does not contribute to male pattern baldness. However if you were to comb your hair for 6 hours straight every day, i think it would effect yyour hair, but before that happened your scalp would be bleeding and cut from all the strokes.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
No.

But some people 'over-brush' their hair because it 'feels good' to them, which is a sign of irritated scalp. I used to do the same.

Instead of 'over-brushing', a regimen including Nizoral or some other anti-irritation shampoo should get rid of the instinct and interest in doing so.

Right. Thanks a lot for the reply Gardener. :)

:salut: to you!

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gonna_win said:
nexus81 said:
I read some ridiculous claim on a website and HLH too. Is that true?
No combing your hair does not contribute to male pattern baldness. However if you were to comb your hair for 6 hours straight every day, i think it would effect yyour hair, but before that happened your scalp would be bleeding and cut from all the strokes.

I "do" comb my hair for like 1-2 hrs daily. Is that bad? :roll:

Deaner

Reaction score
I sure hope not... combing is my fix, it feels good, and has the added benefit of temporarily deflaking my head :)

G

There is a small and as yet unproven correlation between overbrushing and homosexuality, but for someone to even gain 5 or 10 homosexual points (out of a hundred) they would have to brush 2 or 3 hours a day.

Tnaks

Ty