Does finasteride cause body hair to fall ?

abdo123

Reaction score
i have over 2000 (no exaggeration trust me) short hairs on my floors , 1.5 months into finasteride + 7-8 months on minoxidil

i moved into the house 7-8 days ago.

is this my body hair or my head hair ?

i'm in panic mode

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've read people who are on finasteride experiencing this, I remember a lot saying that they lost hair on their calves/arms. I mean thinned not completely bald.

Don't know if only 1.5 months into finasteride would do this however.

Any pets?
Previous owner any pets?
How short are the hairs compared to that on the top of your head.

abdo123

Reaction score
half the length i suppose, i have a roommate but his hair is brown so i can distinguish his hair from mine (black)

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Abdo,

Anyone here can appreciate your alarming situation. As you're already aware, humans on average can lose 200 hairs daily. Insofar that we can't yet be sure what's causing or contributing to your case. Then for starters, let me begin my friend by suggesting that you STOP counting fallen/falling hairs for now. Operating while you are under complete (di)stress will by and large typically compound matters for you.

Help alleviate anxiety triggers by keeping your living quarters vacuumed/swept more regularly if you don't already do so. Hiding evidence (out of sight, out of mind) might just stop you from losing your mind.

Look you're on a decent regimen presently you really got to give yourself more time. Remain consistent as possible (don't skip anymore doses if you can help it). Stay on course for at least another year. If the hair you're seeing exclusively belongs to you it certainly translates to excessive shedding and this could very well mean you may be responding well to treatment. My point is you need to strive to assume a more optimistic mindset in the meantime.

If you can try take photo comparisons (head shots)maybe on a bi-monthly basis in order to help follow your progress more closely that would be well advised.
You can post them also if you'ld like. Sometimes feedback can be informative and/or reassuring. I look forward to your progress reports in the near future.

Hang in there and GOOD luck.

abdo123

Reaction score
Abdo,

Anyone here can appreciate your alarming situation. As you're already aware, humans on average can lose 200 hairs daily. Insofar that we can't yet be sure what's causing or contributing to your case. Then for starters, let me begin my friend by suggesting that you STOP counting fallen/falling hairs for now. Operating while you are under complete (di)stress will by and large typically compound matters for you.

Help alleviate anxiety triggers by keeping your living quarters vacuumed/swept more regularly if you don't already do so. Hiding evidence (out of sight, out of mind) might just stop you from losing your mind.

Look you're on a decent regimen presently you really got to give yourself more time. Remain consistent as possible (don't skip anymore doses if you can help it). Stay on course for at least another year. If the hair you're seeing exclusively belongs to you it certainly translates to excessive shedding and this could very well mean you may be responding well to treatment. My point is you need to strive to assume a more optimistic mindset in the meantime.

If you can try take photo comparisons (head shots)maybe on a bi-monthly basis in order to help follow your progress more closely that would be well advised.
You can post them also if you'ld like. Sometimes feedback can be informative and/or reassuring. I look forward to your progress reports in the near future.

Hang in there and GOOD luck.

you're absolutely right. i just started college and i should stop the stress i will just follow the advice you provided and have faith, Thank you.