Does increased sex drive mean increased testosterone?

H

HLTguest

For instance, I have read on this board that l arginine causes increased libido and erections. That is a good thing.

But I am afraid to take it because that seems as though it might be raising your testosterone levels. Or is this a complete misconception on my part? I assume that increased libido means you have a lot of testosterone in your system and lack of libido means you have less...which would be better for hair right?

If I am wrong, please correct me. I hope I have no idea what I'm talking about because it would be ashame to know that you can only have hair if your sex drive is low. It would be a terrible thing to know that any increase in sex drive means your hair is suffering.

H

HLTguest

Btw, l-arginine may be linked to increased risk of death from heart disease.

"Implication in contributing to risk of death from heart disease
A recent Johns Hopkins study testing the addition of L-arginine to standard postinfarction treatment has implicated L-arginine supplementation with an increased risk of death in patients recovering from heart attack.[5] This study has been discussed in some detail in : "Reverse Heart Disease Now" by Stephen T Sinatra MD and James C Roberts MD, publ. Wiley 2006 ISBN 0-471-74704-1 at pp 111 -113."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arginine#I ... rt_disease

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are so many things that can control sexual desire, and ability to perform in the sack. Testosterone is only one of them. You can have gobs and gobs of testosterone, but if your prolactin levels are off the charts, then you'll never be in the mood.

Arginine does not boost testosterone, it is a precursor to nitric oxide. Nitric Oxide plays an important role in getting an erection. Nitric oxide dialates the blood vessels, which allows more blood flow...As you know, an erection is simply blood flow to the penis.