Does increasing testosterone always increase DHT?

fuugenes

Reaction score
I had some bloodwork done a few months ago, and it showed up that I was pretty low on vitamin D, so my Dr told me to get on vitamin D3 supplements and to get more sun. He also said that is what was possibly the cause of my hairloss. It's been a few months and I feel like I'm shedding the same amount, if not more.

Reading overviews on what vitamin D does, it says that people use it to increase testosterone. If that's the case would it not increase DHT too? I've been taking vitamin D every day, but think I'm gonna take it every other day because I do notice the shedding is becoming a bit more aggressive.

Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks for your time

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe you had low vitamin D but it wasn't the cause of your hair loss because you actually have male pattern baldness. Taking your supplements every day or every other day probably won't change a thing =\

iced

Reaction score
if you have receding hairline then its 99% male pattern baldness, get propecia, if no receding hairlane check hormones(cortisol,thyroid), deficiency in minerals,vitamins, fungi infections of scalp.