does it really keep getting better eeven after 10 months?

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
My results are great but i know a couple of guys unhappy with their results at 10 months they seem to think that their hair is still not going to get better! They wont listen to me~! Dr armani tells me that the original implant hairs will keep getting thicker and thicker after they have all grown in

Kinda like after you add minoxidil to your scalp your thinning hairs come back thicker well my doctor says after a year the implant hairs will get darker and thicker

IS this true? HE saw my results over the holidays and said they are as good as implants can get!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yes you can expect a visual improvemnt once the grown out grafts mature and the shafts thicken in calibre. IMO anything up to 20% of the final result is still to come.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
cateyes81 said:
My results are great but i know a couple of guys unhappy with their results at 10 months they seem to think that their hair is still not going to get better! They wont listen to me~! Dr armani tells me that the original implant hairs will keep getting thicker and thicker after they have all grown in

Kinda like after you add minoxidil to your scalp your thinning hairs come back thicker well my doctor says after a year the implant hairs will get darker and thicker

IS this true? HE saw my results over the holidays and said they are as good as implants can get!

You went with Armani? care to share how much you paid?

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
this is not what the thread is about :shakehead: :dunno: :badmood: but the answer is 15k

bighurt

Reaction score
cat,

did you have Strip or FUE? also, do you have pics posted anywhere?? i haven't seen any "final" FUE pics of Armani patients out there. the ones i've seen are all in the 3-7 months time frame but you sound like you're close to done growing.

thanks.

G

You're right s.a.f. I call it hair shaft caliber maturation. I remember after my third hair transplant when I was 10 months post-op and I kept thinking that I did not do enough grafts, yet I knew better. I could still see a little scalp because I have very dark hair on a lighter complexion. It was not until I got to 15 months post-op that I could not see my scalp any longer. Those patients that have a higher degree of coarseness to their hair tend to benefit from this maturation process a little more than patients with thinner hair caliber. Either way, there's more to come after 10 months post-o, and worth the wait... :hairy:

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MY hair transplant improved Greatly after 12 months. I say 18 is the magic number. How many grafts did you have and I'm guessing it was FUE which seems to come in slower and the jury is still out on density with larger FUE procedures