Does Olive Oil work on restoring hair follicles?

Evian

Reaction score
Someone told me that using olive oil on my hair helps to give the hair nutrients that it sadly lacks. Its an antioxidant I believe. Anyone has a clue as to whether this is true or not. It has made my hair softer to the touch and it helps to reduce the itch I occasionally get (works best when my hair is super short).

G

The only thing I can see is that Olive Oil has a high Beta Sitosterol content. Probably won't be close to minoxidil but won't hurt. I add some Olive Oil into my Essential Oils formula and put this on before I go to bed which is about an hour after minoxidil.

I think when my Jojoba oil runs out I'm going to get some Emu oil afterwards. Supposedly this stuff really works but just that nobody uses it twice a day. It will only take 20 minutes supposedly to absorb as well so you could wake up and slap some more EMU oil onto your scalp and then hit the shower 20 minutes later.

G

fairtax,

what makes you think that 0.25 mg of finasteride every other day is going to do much for you? i hope that's a typo because i really don't think that's enough.

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
If olive oil worked do you think we'd all be taking drugs down the gullet and slathering slimy minoxidil on our heads?

G

JayMan said:
fairtax,

what makes you think that 0.25 mg of finasteride every other day is going to do much for you? i hope that's a typo because i really don't think that's enough.

What makes me think that is the fact that 0.25mg reduces up to 90% the amount of DHT that 1mg does based on studies, and the fact that it takes up to a week for the 5ar enzyme to start reproducing.

I'm sure you've come across this info as well but it sounds like you're setting me up for some news about it maybe that it's going to be worthless :) Hopefully not.

I was content with the regimen I was on to avoid being the 1 in 50 who experience gynocomastia but I figure since the sides-to-DHT Inhibition relation is not linear I might as well use the law of averages to save my pocketbook and reduce the risk of any sides. It was either that or nothing. This always gives me some room to maneuver too and I thought possibly upping to 0.5mg EoD after this batch runs out, but we'll see.