Does Prp & Laser Hats Actually Work?

faysal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive seen many people say dont waste money and time on it and its not scientific but many say it gives really great results.

I also add a picture of my hair to ask if PRP + ACELL and laser treatment can help the kind of hair loss I have.

Attachments

• IMG_E9079.JPG
    IMG_E9079.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 378

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They "may" work. But they will not give you back the amount of hair that you're looking for. There are much cheaper options out there that give much better results. So on this forum, they are in the category of "waste of money / scam"

faysal

My Regimen
Reaction score
They "may" work. But they will not give you back the amount of hair that you're looking for. There are much cheaper options out there that give much better results. So on this forum, they are in the category of "waste of money / scam"

What are these other options? I couldnt find any other options so please help.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well in theory PRP should work but it isn’t an FDA approved treatment for hair loss. I have had one treatment done so far and it did not slow my shedding. This was about three months ago and it seems my shedding actually increased since, possibly due to shock loss. However, I did notice less inflammation a week after the treatment. On this forum they say microneedling helps kill inflammation so that could be a more affordable option. With microneedling, I think you would be increasing blood flow and growth factors on a more regular basis.....so it comes down to quantity vs quality. With PRP there is more quality and concentration but you get the treatment way less often. In comparison to needling being done whenever you feel like it. The laser is only FDA cleared unless you go with hairmax. The laser only removes inflammation temporarily in my experience and hasn’t helped my hair. If I see any results after my second PRP I will let you know but at this point I don’t think it is likely. Will prolly just switch to needling here soon.

faysal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well in theory PRP should work but it isn’t an FDA approved treatment for hair loss. I have had one treatment done so far and it did not slow my shedding. This was about three months ago and it seems my shedding actually increased since, possibly due to shock loss. However, I did notice less inflammation a week after the treatment. On this forum they say microneedling helps kill inflammation so that could be a more affordable option. With microneedling, I think you would be increasing blood flow and growth factors on a more regular basis.....so it comes down to quantity vs quality. With PRP there is more quality and concentration but you get the treatment way less often. In comparison to needling being done whenever you feel like it. The laser is only FDA cleared unless you go with hairmax. The laser only removes inflammation temporarily in my experience and hasn’t helped my hair. If I see any results after my second PRP I will let you know but at this point I don’t think it is likely. Will prolly just switch to needling here soon.

I dont have shedding at all, I have hair thinning only. I have the money to do PRP but im worried if you say it causes hair shedding? should I give it a try? I already use the roller needle.

I also do have inflammation like hard pimples that feel bruised, does that cause hair loss?

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont have shedding at all, I have hair thinning only. I have the money to do PRP but im worried if you say it causes hair shedding? should I give it a try? I already use the roller needle.

I also do have inflammation like hard pimples that feel bruised, does that cause hair loss?

Yeah the inflammation seems to be a factor more times than not when it comes to hair loss. You do have miniaturization though so the hairs your shedding might be to small to see come out. In my experience it caused hair shedding but it can be different for everyone. If you have the money and decide to move forward my advice would be for you to keep your standards low. Sorry to be a downer but I’m just being honest because PRP is expensive.

Joseph Haston Green

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the inflammation seems to be a factor more times than not when it comes to hair loss. You do have miniaturization though so the hairs your shedding might be to small to see come out. In my experience it caused hair shedding but it can be different for everyone. If you have the money and decide to move forward my advice would be for you to keep your standards low. Sorry to be a downer but I’m just being honest because PRP is expensive.
I am looking to get it done for $300 a session. I just don't know if PRP alone would help or if adding ACell would make a difference.

faysal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the inflammation seems to be a factor more times than not when it comes to hair loss.

I never knew inflammation is causing my hair loss! what should I do to reduce inflammation in my scalp? I saw a doctor last year and he said there is no solution for my dandruff and inflammation ill always have this problem. I use aspirin, lemon, and apple cider scalp wash with salt. I also use derma roller. And a good shampoo which made things better but I still have issues.

I do have the money for PRP and its cheaper in my country so should I do it? why will u continue if its causing more shedding for you?

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never knew inflammation is causing my hair loss! what should I do to reduce inflammation in my scalp? I saw a doctor last year and he said there is no solution for my dandruff and inflammation ill always have this problem. I use aspirin, lemon, and apple cider scalp wash with salt. I also use derma roller. And a good shampoo which made things better but I still have issues.

I do have the money for PRP and its cheaper in my country so should I do it? why will u continue if its causing more shedding for you?

I will continue because I need to be 100% sure that it doesn’t work. Listen man, I have been battling this disease for 8 years since I was 16 and now I’m losing after all this time. It might just be the end of the line for me. I said I would try to let you know if things do get better but it isn’t likely because after three months of starting a treatment you, me or anyone should see at least slightly less shedding if it is effective. After six months I believe regrowth should start to show up otherwise the treatment doesn’t work. I am about three months in at the moment and it hasn’t shown any benefit to my hair loss yet.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As someone who has used both and read up a lot on them, I strongly believe they are only maybe good for maintenance. And that’s if you are using it in conjunction with the big 3 or you have very mild hair loss.

At your Norwood, I would strongly advise against.