Does RU work for you?

How does RU work for you?

• It's hard to tell because I also use other treatments like finasteride or dutasteride

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I feel it stopped my hair loss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

multispeed27

Established Member
Reaction score
There are so, so many posts on that so I thought it would be interesting to have a nice summary of all experiences through a poll.

I have stopped finasteride after unacceptable sexual side effects. Got back to normal after a while (thank God) and hair loss started to hit back around 8 weeks after quitting finasteride. Within 3 weeks I've started RU (60mg once daily) which stopped my hair loss again within 5 days.

What's your experience?

Please use the first option if you are taking finasteride or dutasteride in addition to RU as your results may not have anything to do with RU.

T

TravisB

I think the sides from it aren't so bad like from Finasteride, and also there's no possibility that they are permanent, unlike finasteride.

RedSoxHat

Reaction score
Would you mind clarifying, TravisB? I thought permanent sides from finasteride came from long-term body absorption of anti-androgens. If you expose your scalp to anti-androgens for a long time, and start experiencing side effects, how is this different from absorption from finasteride? I'm not trying to make an argument against RU, I'm just trying to understand it a bit better.

Also, which sides did you experience? Loss of libido, soft erections, brain-fog...?

Thanks for your input, man.

Darke

Reaction score
I guess this is an ignorant question, but I thought you could not mix RU with minoxidil solutions?

RedSoxHat

Reaction score
Tabris said:
I guess this is an ignorant question, but I thought you could not mix RU with minoxidil solutions?

You should read the other thread titled "Share your experience with RU58841". There's lots of usage suggestions. The one that's referred to most often is mixed in minoxidil solution. I guess it's because you get synergies from the regrowth stimulant plus the anti-androgen.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I find I have to use 200mg of ru to see slowing of shedding, then again I was not on any other anti androgen meds, I'm now on finasteride, so after 6 or so months I'll see if I can lower the ru dosage then based on how good finasteride works

point I'm making is if this is your ONLY anti androgen I truly believe you need to use 150-200 mg per day.

ru at 200mg SEEMS to slow shedding, which is of course a sort of success.

just my input on dosage guys, and remember iv been on ru for over 2 years now...

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
I find I have to use 200mg of ru to see slowing of shedding, then again I was not on any other anti androgen meds, I'm now on finasteride, so after 6 or so months I'll see if I can lower the ru dosage then based on how good finasteride works

point I'm making is if this is your ONLY anti androgen I truly believe you need to use 150-200 mg per day.

ru at 200mg SEEMS to slow shedding, which is of course a sort of success.

just my input on dosage guys, and remember iv been on ru for over 2 years now...

I completely agree with you Irish. It doesnt surprise me your shedding has slowed down since upping your dosage. You may want to try dermarolling before application.

Darke

Reaction score
RedSoxHat said:
Tabris said:

You should read the other thread titled "Share your experience with RU58841". There's lots of usage suggestions. The one that's referred to most often is mixed in minoxidil solution. I guess it's because you get synergies from the regrowth stimulant plus the anti-androgen.

Understood. I'm working my way slowly through the thread - it's quite large now! The summary post at the beginning seemed to make it sound like it was not viable to add RU to minoxidil solutions.