Does RU58841 really work?

growthplease

Reaction score
I have been lurking on this forum for sometime now and keep seeing mixed reviews about RU. I'm a Norwood 2.5 and just realized I have thinning on top. Does RU really work? I'm nervous to do something that might cause me to thin or lose my hair more, but if I don't do anything, I won't have hair much longer. Please let me know your experience with RU and how long you used it for. Thanks!

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU probably works well, there was a study that showed it worked in transplanted hair in mice, and a reputable user who was a diffuse thinner after being on oral DHT inhibitors for years with success switched to RU alone regimen, and maintained for years on it. I would not take RU, I would start with finasteride. Its history of results is far more proven than RU, is likely safer, and is much cheaper. Did you take finasteride and experience sides? Is that why you are not on it?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I have seen some good results from people that claim to be using RU. I just don't understand why if it works so well, it is only available on the grey market. If I was the maker of RU I would do every thing I could to get it FDA approved and put on the market ASAP. With all the propecia fear out there, millions would be made.

Mikazz

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I know, RU is not stable in a lotion. It will lose it's effectiveness in a matter of days. You need to make your own RU lotion every 3 days to make it effective. Additionally, you need to keep it in a refrigerator. It's probably some of the reasons why it's never been made available.