Does S5 Cream Regrow Hair Or Drown The Hair Follicle?

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I had a thought today, maybe S5 Cream drowns the hair follicle (I don't know), I mean can hair even grow or breath with that cream over your scalp? I noticed my hair thickening from my current regime or by some miracle and after using S5 Cream for two weeks I'm worried I may just be drowning my follicles...is this possible? I'm not doubting the effectiveness of the product ingredients but that fact that it's a cream can that cause your hair to suffocate?

Should I just stop using it?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just wash it off several hours after you apply it. As long as you don't leave it in there for a period of weeks then you should have nothing to worry about.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I don't think it's possible to drown a hair follicle, no matter what you put on it. You'd have to apply something that actually damages the follicle when absorbed.

Hairforever

Established Member
Reaction score
Surely the blood in our circulatory system would take excess spironolactone away from the follicle or would that be systemic absorption? It's a good question you pose anyway. I find it hard to judge how much spironolactone cream to apply to any one area as there doesn't seem to be any clear guidelines.

FlashFirez

Reaction score
I think hair follicles receive oxygen via the blood circulation not the air so I dont think the spironolactone would cause an issue.

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys!