Does Stress Increase male pattern baldness

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi guys , i'm a 22 yo guys , i'm on propecia for 20 month , minoxidil for 4 month and recently dutasteride .

I'm maybe Norwood 2,25 .

However the strange thing is that ive got a twin brother ( real twins ) who is Norwood 0 , a real Norwood 0 like me in the past .
the thing is that ive been stressing about my hairloss since highschool ( after an accutane treatment ) , ithink about it each minutes of my life . And him never think about it , he doestn give a f*** about his hair .

So Can stress create temple recession? Can it increase the miniaturisation ?

Ive got no shedding or telogen effluvium, but just proper miniaturisation of the temple . thx.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is just my opinion and I know people will disagree with me but I believe that stress can affect areas that are already hit by male pattern baldness. I also believe that excessive stress may also cause you to experience male pattern baldness sooner in life rather than when you were already programmed to lose it based on your genes.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
We need Pictures of the two hairlines!

Sorry to read that an individual with your same genes did not start losing hair... It must really suck. I hope your hair loss stops where it is now and you can get on par with your bro.

Question: why did you start using accutane in the first place, and did you brother? I have a feeling this difference started all the sh*t?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
my brother did accutane two . I had no hairloss with the drug , but i read on the internet that it could cause hairloss , then i started to worry about the fact and started to overwatch my hairline . Then i become stressed about my hair .

I noticed that i started to lose my temple . So i jumped on propecia but i t didnt worked after 19 month , so i added minoxidil and duta . But i'm still receding . f***. And my twin is Norwood 0 like my father . Strange .

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Possible but unlikely to have much impact. You'd have to be under extreme prolonged stress.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
in b4:

- Do you masturbate a lot whereas your brother does not?
- do you drink a lot whereas your brother is a teetotaler?
- do you not sleep while your brother takes constant naps?
- do you believe in Saint Jude, patron of lost causes?

People will ask this :)

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Possible but unlikely to have much impact. You'd have to be under extreme prolonged stress.

It would be interesting to see if war veterans are balder than average

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok guys , i'm very paranoid about my hair and my physical aspect in general , i never drink , smoke or anything else.
I have ever wanted to be a slayer , so i do anything to achieve my goal . even when i was a Norwood 0,5 i was paranoid about my hair . I can say that ive been under big stress for 6 years now, because i think about my hair every minutes of my life .
I've been almost send to psychatrist hospital because of that . practicioner wanted me to take some seroplex ( ssri) , but i dont want that sh*t , it can give gyno .

firstly i thought that propecia would solve my problem , but it dindt maitain my Norwood 1 , so i had to take minoxidil which sucks , because it decrease collagen . I have bdd , so i dont like to see myself in mirrors , ansd being trapped with minoxidil make me more depressed , but im expecting results.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i really value my youthful skin and i'm pretty sure that minoxidil is giving me eye wrinkles , so that sucks .
I'm waiting to see duta result , and if it works i will drop minoxidil ( i use it only on my hairline ).

sorry for my poor english , i'm french.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and i'm having a nervous breakdown because of the minoxidil wrinkle sh*t . I dont know if it is fearmongering , or if the study about collagen are true . I'm started to see wrinkle around my eyes . And im pretty sure they were less severe before.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i know it can sound weird , but im a perfectionist , you know i want to be Norwood 0 forever , and i have taken propecia since the first signs of loss , so i'm disapointed that it didnt work.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and fred you seem to know a lot about hairloss and to be a wise man
, so if you drop rogaine , will the healthy hair non affected by dht will fall too? I'm only applying rogaine on my hairline , so if i quit , will my mid scalp fall too ? given the fact that i was on propecia before for 2 years and that area is unafected by male pattern baldness. will rogaine worsen male pattern baldness? that is one of my fear

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok so the first time i noticed a really fine line , was 5 years ago when i did my accutane course , then i became obessed about it even if it was nothing ( bdd symptom) .
Then i avoided mirrors for 5 month and my wrinkles was gone . So i forget about it .

And litteraly when i started minoxidil , my wrinkles came back , like during my accutane course . And i know this because i inspect myself every day.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
maybe this is not the minoxidil , but that is strange because my twin doestn have any wrinkles . and i'm also started to have unwanted hair on my cheek and hand . However i'm stick with minoxidil because it gave me a shed , wo i want my hair to grow back thicker .

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes man i read it , and i know that i f ididnt i would be way less worried . I know im an hypochondriac guy, but this tile ther is a study so i dont know what to trust.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you know for me propeicia is giving me no sides at all, just more muscle mass, but the minoxidil impact my face.