Does this hinder results?

under20

Established Member
Reaction score
What up fellas

so ive been using minoxidil 5% on my head 1x a day for a month now, and ive been flakin like crazy, and when i say crazy i mean :freaked2: Newayz i use nizoral 2%, tgel and t/sal, they help but not much. So i ordered dr.lees PPG minoxidil.

SO my question is, does the flaking hinder results at all? The reason i ask is cause i see hairs stuck in the flakes that fall out. Are these hairs falling out cause of the flakes or were they gonna fall out anyways, whether it was stuck in a flake or just on its own. I got zero itching and redness, just tons of flakes. I know its cause i use too much minoxidil, but i like to get the whole head covered.

thanks

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
they were proabably going to fall out anyway, the flaking should settle down soon. If you dont use a conditioner start and it should help, I condition every other day.

under20

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply.

Yah ive been using conditioner too, but im gonna use it more often now. I aint too worried about the flaking in the coming months cause like i said i ordered the ppg free minoxidil from dr.lee.

Basically just wondering:

minoxidil+flaking scalp= decreased results

or

are the results gonna be the same with or without flaking.

baller292

Reaction score
dude how much is too much minoxidil. you really dont' need more than a mL , maybe mL and a half, as it spreads out under the epidermis when applied. Many people on this forum have talked about this, and too much minoxidil can have other side effects too.