Does this sound resonable? Advice please!

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 22 years old and I've slowly been receeding in the front & temples for maybe 2 years. I think I'll order Fincar in order to keep what I have. But I also have a 3 months supply of 2% rogaine... should I begin the rogaine along-side the Fincar?

It would be nice to have a little regrowth in the temples, but not super necessary. Can you take rogaine for like 6- 12 months, then stop? Will you lose what you gained if you stop? If you use it for a year and then stop, can you use it again many years later? (I heard it stops working after long use).

What do you think the rogaine right now is wise?

One more question: I hear that people split the Fincar 5 ways... but under dosage directions, it says to take one whole tablet daily. Will taking the whole pill - or half - be more effective, or just a waste? What's the deal?

Thanks guys, this site has been a tremendous help!

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
818 said:
Hi,

I'm 22 years old and I've slowly been receeding in the front & temples for maybe 2 years. I think I'll order Fincar in order to keep what I have. But I also have a 3 months supply of 2% rogaine... should I begin the rogaine along-side the Fincar?

It would be nice to have a little regrowth in the temples, but not super necessary. Can you take rogaine for like 6- 12 months, then stop? Will you lose what you gained if you stop? If you use it for a year and then stop, can you use it again many years later? (I heard it stops working after long use).

What do you think the rogaine right now is wise?

One more question: I hear that people split the Fincar 5 ways... but under dosage directions, it says to take one whole tablet daily. Will taking the whole pill - or half - be more effective, or just a waste? What's the deal?

Thanks guys, this site has been a tremendous help!

In regards to Rogaine, once you start it is a long term comitment. If you stop using all the new hairs that you have attained while on the regime will die off once the presence of rogaine is no longer there. I would advise that you start off with Propecia or even perhaps Rogaine. Use only one of those for at least 6 to 8 months before adding anything else down the line.

Hope this helps,
Tony Montana

G

I am not familiar with Fincar but here are the rules for Finasteride consumption:

Take around 1mg of Finasteride a day for male pattern baldness.

1 Propecia pill = 1 mg of Finasteride. (this is the dose for male pattern baldness)

1 Proscar pill = 5 mg of Finasteride. (this is the dose for Enlarged Prostate)

so 1mg of Finasteride would either be 1 Whole Propecia pill or one fifth of a Proscar pill.

taking a higher than 1mg dose will increase the incidence of side effects without significantly increasing DHT inhibition and cost you more money, data actually shows 0.2mg to be almost as effective as 1mg, but the general consensus is that 1mg is a good 'compromise' dose.

Prehaps Fincar is a 5mg Pill (someone here will correct me if I am wrong) and the instructions are for it's original intended use (an enlarged prostate) in which case the 5mg dose is correct, but as you are taking this for male pattern baldness you can ignore this and chop that baby into five 1 mg pieces.

DO NOT start Minoxidil if you intend to stop a few months later! you may loose all the hair you have grown and a little more, although it has been shown that a few months after this shed you will probably bounce back to where you would have been if you have not used minoxidil

for further in-depth, and some might say essential, information on this subject check out the •• OH MY GOD!! THEY FOUND THE CURE!! •• thread, it has saved many a persons life, there is currently no entrance fee but if you could see you way to adding a post before leaving that would be considered polite

Good Luck