Does topical estradiol cause an initial shedding?

JP_7

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've started using topical estradiol last week and I'm noticing an increased in shedding, is it normal? if it is normal, how long will the shed last?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could be the same thing that happened with topical duta.. unregulated increases Test maybe

JP_7

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could be the same thing that happened with topical duta.. unregulated increases Test maybe
I do use topical RU and topical spironolactone though, and i thought estrogen was supposed to decrease testosterone levels, am i wrong?

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've started using topical estradiol last week and I'm noticing an increased in shedding, is it normal? if it is normal, how long will the shed last?
What percentage concentration of E2 are you using?
It might help others comment better if you note whether it is a otc cream or pharma gel (estrogel etc).

I do use topical RU and topical spironolactone though, and i thought estrogen was supposed to decrease testosterone levels, am i wrong?
Estradiol is an AA in the sense that it can balance out T levels.
E2 doesn't literally "decrease" T levels but rather creates a more favorable E to T blood level ratio which is beneficial for hair growth.

Last edited:

JP_7

My Regimen
Reaction score
What percentage concentration of E2 are you using?
It might help others comment better if you note whether it is a otc cream or pharma gel (estrogel etc).

Estradiol is an AA in the sense that it can balance out T levels.
E2 doesn't literally "decrease" T levels but rather creates a more favorable E to T blood level ratio which is beneficial for hair growth.
It's pharma gel, name Estreva gel, it's a 0.1% estradiol.

I use 3/4 grams a day.

JP_7

My Regimen
Reaction score
in addition to this, if estradiol will be successfull in thickening/growing my thinning hair, would I be able to drop minoxidil and keep using the estradiol gel or i would lose the minoxidil dependent hair?

(sorry for the bump).