Does working out cause more hairloss?

jason566

Established Member
Reaction score
Just curious i hear people say the increase in test can lead to more hairloss..but what if your on propecia and work out?..could the extra free test u get from propecia and if u work out increase your loss?..or is this all merely myth with no evidence to back this cliam up?..im not talking about using steroids or protein shakes hear just lifting and general workin out

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Nope, no effect on hairloss at all. The temporary raise in testosterone is just that... only very temporary and is not enough to have an impact on hairloss.

G

ShedMaster said:
Nope, no effect on hairloss at all. The temporary raise in testosterone is just that... only very temporary and is not enough to have an impact on hairloss.

ShedMaster, him speak truth.

moegreen

Reaction score
i've read several articles online that state there is a strong relationship betwen weightlifters and male pattern baldness...

this is a good article, coming from a recognized writer in the field of nutrition and bodybuilding:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink15.htm

i don't know if that relation applies if u are on propecia...

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, that guys thinks that saw palmetto "helps" with hair loss. I didn't read any further once I saw that.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Working out does not cause hair loss. It will help your blood flow through your body when working out. Now, if you take steriods then that will cause hair loss or speed up male pattern baldness.

Axon

Reaction score
I work out 5 times a week and have been successfully treating my hair loss for 2 years and 3 months.

I do not think it has any effect.

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes there is:

ShedMaster said:

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
moegreen said:
i've read several articles online that state there is a strong relationship betwen weightlifters and male pattern baldness...

this is a good article, coming from a recognized writer in the field of nutrition and bodybuilding:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink15.htm

i don't know if that relation applies if u are on propecia...

He is saying that there is a relationship between steriods and male pattern baldness - not weightlifting as such.

Anyways, thanks for the link - really good article!

Anyone heard of that RU 58841 he mentions? Sounds awesome!