Does your partner know that you use hairloss products?

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
woman_screaming1.gif

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Women hear what they want to hear.

I told my g/f before I went on finasteride what my plans were. I Then told her I was on finasteride. I explained how I was using proscar (for prostate) but it happens to be the same as propecia but cheaper.

Then, 3 months later, she finds the proscar package, and thinks I have prostate problems. Even though I have explained this all over again, I still think she thinks I have prostate problems. *sigh*

She now and then says comments like, ‘you know I will stay with you whatever happens to your health’.

Still…at least I know she is loyal.

ali777

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
She now and then says comments like, ‘you know I will stay with you whatever happens to your health’.

Still…at least I know she is loyal.

Good for you mate :punk:

optimus prime said:
Women hear what they want to hear.

I don't have a "partner" at the moment, but my ex would have had very strong objections to it. She would hear only the negative part and make a big deal out of it.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'm single at the minute, but my ex and my future ex..won't know sh*t.

If they ask i would tell, but otherwise i'll keep quiet. I'd feel like a nancy boy telling her about my hair loss issues.

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not in a relationship at the moment, but I don't see how I could hide it forever. If she's staying over a lot, I can't skip Rogaine applications too many times. She'd definetly find out I use a concealer, but I'm not too insecure about that, they're just like any other hair product.

HughJass

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
Then, 3 months later, she finds the proscar package, and thinks I have prostate problems. Even though I have explained this all over again, I still think she thinks I have prostate problems. *sigh*

lol!

Dan_NW2

Reaction score
My wife knows I use topik to cover my hair swirl in the back upper right portion of my head. It looks like a bald spot but the derm says it not.. its just the way the hair swirls arround in a pattern. SO ..whenever we go out to dinner or social engagement..I ask her to sprinkle a few shakes on the eye of the hurricane there..and she does it and doesnt say anything.

Odie

Established Member
Reaction score
Dan_NW2 said:
My wife knows I use topik to cover my hair swirl in the back upper right portion of my head. It looks like a bald spot but the derm says it not.. its just the way the hair swirls arround in a pattern. SO ..whenever we go out to dinner or social engagement..I ask her to sprinkle a few shakes on the eye of the hurricane there..and she does it and doesnt say anything.

cool wife - good for you

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend, which i am lucky to have knows i use products and is there for me. She understands the devastation it has had on my confidence and has even looked online for hairloss products for me when i have been in work. Bless her. She doesnt think any less of me whatsoever and just wants me to be happy. I guess women are more understanding than we realise.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
follicle84 said:
My girlfriend, which i am lucky to have knows i use products and is there for me. She understands the devastation it has had on my confidence and has even looked online for hairloss products for me when i have been in work. Bless her. She doesnt think any less of me whatsoever and just wants me to be happy. I guess women are more understanding than we realise.

Makes sense, would you think less of your girlfriend if for example, her body shape changed after childbirth? And women are generally more sensitive and understanding than men.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
follicle84 said:

absolutely,some women are just plain cool,my girl is the same ,shes so understanding its f*****g great,it really is.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
i actually do my rogaine application while my gf is in the bathroom with me...

i believe a relationship is headed no where if you're too insecure to admit something like this to your significant other.

Townsend

Reaction score
My ex girlfriend was totally against me using any kind of hairloss products. I guess she liked my bald head :dunno: Wish more girls were like that.