Dohnuts' Story

Dohnuts

Reaction score
I'm 21 years old, I have semi-long hair, and I think that I'm balding.

I guess it all started about 8 months ago. I'm at work, casually talking with some friends when one of them points out my part. Since I've always had a full head of thick hair, I didn't think much of it and continued with my activities.

Fast forward 6 months, and I hear my mom telling me that she's worried that I leave to many hairs in the shower. Since my mom is prone to exaggerating, I didn't think anything of it.

Fast forward a couple weeks. This time, I'm lying on my couch, just reading when my mom walks by and tells me that my part has gotten very wide. Now I'm curious, as well as a little worried. I go to the bathroom which has a cool mirror which is made up of 3 mirrors that let you see to the sides. I notice my part, and how it is much wider than I remember it.

One and a half months go by, and I've been doing things differently. I'm combing my hair before showering, and I found that I lose less hair, but still more than I used to. I've also been rubbing my scalp gently with my fingers, but I've only been trying that for a couple days.

Overall though, I am leaving a bit of hair in the shower, and I do find more hair than before on my clothes. I don't find any on my pillow, and my part hasn't gotten noticeably wider. I think I have to see a doctor though, to find out if I'm really starting to lose my hair, or if I'm just insane. Or hell, maybe it's both.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
you need to go see a Doctor ASAP, and get on treatments if necessary.

Try to prevent things from getting worse is the right way to go.

soulbleed62

Reaction score
it sounds like its worrying you. do something about it, otherwise u will start to get even more anxious about it.

see a doctor, or start with something light like some of the shampoos that people are using. i.e. Nizoral .

astral week

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah, I've learned that whenever I find myself thinking that my hair seems thinner than normal, or my temples seem more receded, or whatever, it's always because it's true. If it seems like it's true, and if other people are commenting on it, then it's probably true.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
astral week said:
yeah, I've learned that whenever I find myself thinking that my hair seems thinner than normal, or my temples seem more receded, or whatever, it's always because it's true. If it seems like it's true, and if other people are commenting on it, then it's probably true.

If other people start commenting on it, your situation is pretty serious.

Dohnuts

Reaction score
yeah ...

Honestly, I'm trying to make my peace with it. I'm also thinking of just shaving my head entirely. Not saying that I'm not going to try and fight this, but I think I could pull off a shaved head.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
see a doctor, or start with something light like some of the shampoos that people are using. i.e. Nizoral .

The only problem i have with that advice is that, generally speaking nizoral alone won't do anything. A trip to the doctors will help with diagnosis, as would posting pics here as some of us are seasoned norwood spotters. If you are balding, and you want to do something about it, really the only option is finasteride and straight away. You have to consider sides, but really they are very rare, cost, which can be dramatically slashed by getting proscar and whether the loss bothers you more than popping a pill, which, surely, it would.

The onus is on you really bro, but i think all of us here wished we had spotted and acted on our loss as soon as you seem to be.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
only a Doctor can tell you what you really need to do...taking actions blindly will just worsen your condition.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I thought I got Telogen Effluvium for a yr and I wish I didnt hesitate to consult with a Doctor.