Donations needed!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I am feeling really generous. I donate Hoppi to your vacation................................................ :whistle:

oni

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
I am feeling really generous. I donate Hoppi to your vacation................................................ :whistle:

Does he even have any organs worth ripping from his carcass, to sell on the black market........... :dunno:

oni

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
what job do you Oni?

It sounds like you probably hate it.

It is a bit boring but hate is a strong word.

It is called the holiday blues, you know the feeling you get, having to look at one more miserable flesh bag on the train and you start to think again "why am I doing this".

I guess this is a life of my own creation, maybe it is time to change again....................................................................................time to destroy it all and rebuild. My life is a bit like an OS on a PC that has had too much uptime.

I think it is time to reformat and reload...................................

Just what to do next..............................................................

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
However I am moving on so it's ok.

does that mean a new moderator recruits soonish ? :mrgreen:

Oni it sounds to me like you need a vacation, or maybe find some hobbies. (it could be a good chance to start doing sports if you don't do it already)

oni

Reaction score
Cassin said:
right there with you Oni!

But I hate my job and everything about it. Including the industry.

Moving on :bravo:

Good for you!

Lucky B'stard :)

oni

Reaction score
Ori83 said:
Cassin said:

does that mean a new moderator recruits soonish ? :mrgreen:

Oni it sounds to me like you need a vacation, or maybe find some hobbies. (it could be a good chance to start doing sports if you don't do it already)

I just got back from a 2 week holiday in Thailand and I train Muay Thai about 4 times a week.

I do have a few other interests to keep myself busy as well but thanks.

HughJass

Reaction score
just throw it all in and go and live in Thailand Oni.

Maybe you could turn CCS's posts into a weekly cartoon column over there in order to make a buck :dunno:

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oni said:
I just got back from a 2 week holiday in Thailand and I train Muay Thai about 4 times a week.

id like to know some about that Muay tai. i was looking to start martial arts for the next semster (ill have 3 spots to fill in my weekly routine, i figured it will be better then going to the gym)

do you think its too late to start with martial arts at age of 27? and if not, what would you recomand to start with? my friend recommended Jiu Jitsu, but i want something more aggressive, id like to know how to defend myself on the fit, not on the ground.

Cassin

Reaction score
Ori83 said:
oni said:

id like to know some about that Muay tai. i was looking to start martial arts for the next semster (ill have 3 spots to fill in my weekly routine, i figured it will be better then going to the gym)

do you think its too late to start with martial arts at age of 27? and if not, what would you recomand to start with? my friend recommended Jiu Jitsu, but i want something more aggressive, id like to know how to defend myself on the fit, not on the ground.

First off...27 is not too late. Absolutely not!

And almost all fights end up on the ground. I have nothing against Muay Tai but IMO it's not the best for defense. Neither is boxing, kick boxing or Karate.

For true defense wrestling and JJ is where its at.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
And almost all fights end up on the ground. I have nothing against Muay Tai but IMO it's not the best for defense. Neither is boxing, kick boxing or Karate.

i have done jui jitsu and there isn't much ground fighting on it, jui jitsu is quite an all rounder strikes, locks, throws and ground fighting (mainly throws)

saying that i'll probably say if you're talking about defending yourself from a fight in a bar jui jitsu is probably the best for that

i would personally recommend jui jitsu and hapkido

Cassin

Reaction score
somone uk said:
Cassin said:

i have done jui jitsu and there isn't much ground fighting on it, jui jitsu is quite an all rounder strikes, locks, throws and ground fighting (mainly throws)

saying that i'll probably say if you're talking about defending yourself from a fight in a bar jui jitsu is probably the best for that

i would personally recommend jui jitsu and hapkido

somone uk trust me we're in complete agreement.

A submission hold will do far more for someone than striking. And I am by no means taking anything away from Muay Tai because I love the discipline...I am talking about a pure self defense art for the common fight.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:

thanks for that!

i figured if you take someone on the ground his friend can take advantage while you on the ground and hit you.

another thing, some friend told me that if im not looking to get into fights then the best thing is NOT learning martial atrs, that way in the psychological aspect a person that doesnt know how to defend himself will do anything to stay away from fights, as appose to someone who knows how to fight well, im not sure what to make of this... its a good argument.

oni

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
just throw it all in and go and live in Thailand Oni.

Maybe you could turn CCS's posts into a weekly cartoon column over there in order to make a buck :dunno:

If only I could....................................... too many things to sort out in the UK, maybe in a couple of years. :(

oni

Reaction score
Ori83 said:
oni said:

If you can find a Gym to train real Muay Thai and some Muay Boran and not that kickboxing stuff with a few knees thrown in.

You will have no problem defending yourself. Most gyms only train Muay Thai as a ring sport.

When you get into training, start harding up your shins and work hard on your low inside kick now next time you get in a street fight just aim it a little higher and you will find out why you wear a steel groin cup in Muay Thai.... :) now learn how to use this combo with a spinning back elbow and you should be ok.

Muay Thai does include takedowns and clinching, something you will not get from boxing and kickboxing. If you can learn Muay Boran and I mean the real stuff this includes ground fighting.

I have even seen techniques to defend yourself on the ground from an attacker trying to deliver a soccer kick, now this is a common attack to a grounded opponent.

Another good trick is to aim punches to the throat of an attacker, most people will try to block the punch with their chin lol!

But the best thing to do is train as many different styles as you can, all styles have something to give you..........................................

oni

Reaction score
Ori83 said:
Cassin said:

thanks for that!

i figured if you take someone on the ground his friend can take advantage while you on the ground and hit you.

another thing, some friend told me that if im not looking to get into fights then the best thing is NOT learning martial atrs, that way in the psychological aspect a person that doesnt know how to defend himself will do anything to stay away from fights, as appose to someone who knows how to fight well, im not sure what to make of this... its a good argument.

It is not a good argument, as most material arts train respect and restraint (not to look for fights). I think you will find sometimes you will not have a choice, you have to fight!

I will always look to escape and not fight. Most attackers are cowards and are not looking for a fair fight, whether it be a weapon or backup around the corner, they will think they have the advantage!

oni

Reaction score
Stop pulling this thread off topic!!!!!

Send money now to the oni recovery relief program................................... :whistle:

A Kitten will die every 5 minutes if you don't send money now......................... :whistle: