Donor Area Post-Op 23 days

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
Some concerns here. I am convinced I have suffered some shock loss in the donor area. The hair below the scar is very thin, especially on the left side. There is hair growing under the strip line, but it is very sparse. Does this sound like the result of shock loss to you folks?

Also, my "dissolvable" sutures have, not surprisingly, not all dissolved. Some have. Other have not. I am considering calling the surgeons office and requesting that the remaining sutures be removed. They were supposed to be out by 14-21 days.

There is an area of raised skin in the very back of head around the donor strip. I hope this is not permanent. Is it possible I have stretched the area already? Also, this area is where I seem to have some sutures remaining. The sutures seem to be irritating the area somewhat.

I have been using a scar gel since about 10 days post-op. I have no idea if it is helping or not, but the redness is slowly coming out of the area. The strip line is still red itself, but the area around the incision strip on either side is slowly looking better.