Dont Bald Me Bro's Story

Dont Bald Me Bro

Reaction score
Greetings, Id like to welcome myself to the society of balding people :(

So as far as I know Ive been losing my hair very slowly since about 16. I dont lose that many hairs on a daily basis, maybe 20 or 25, some days Ill only lose 2 or 3!. My hair is long, maybe 6 or 7 inches in length so when I lose a hair I tend to notice, however, Im 21 now and those 5 years of hairs slowly falling out is taking its toll, or its just increased without me knowing it. Either way, Im going bald. On my mothers side, everyone is bald. My fathers side one out of 4 is bald. I hate my mothers side of the family, literally they are my most hated people on the planet, sadly I look like them, same nose, eyes etc. Going bald to look even more like them really isnt an option for me, Id literally rather go and hang myself outside.

My hair is receeding at the front, thinning slowly at the top (its still not that noticeable, but then my hair is kinda long, the front however can be noticeable - depending on the lighting). My life up to now has been pretty sh*t, depression is a recurring factor in my life that Ive had to take treatments for at many times during my life, suicide watch has also made an occurrence or two. Things were finally starting to pick up for me, met a lovely girl recently and although the relationship is still early I really dont want to lose it, but lately Im so paranoid about my hair loss, I repeatedly flee to a mirror to check I dont look balding. Im terrified she may see and be repulsed by it, hell she may already know but Im not taking no risk. I feel like Im walking around with a giant visible tumor on my head or something. Although I really think any girl I would like wouldnt be shallow enough to be bothered by baldness, its more that I cant stand to look like my uncles, I have a serious hatred for them, just cant look like them, cant do it.

Made an appointment with doctor for next week to get a prescription for some propecia or that other one thats cheaper but you gotta cut the pills with, cant remember name. Im concerned about the other 2 though, this Nizoral stuff, what is it and where can I find out more? (http://www.nizoral.com/story/index.jhtml this it?). As for Minoxidil, the foam seems to be the best one? Does it leave your hair greasy and does it smell? Also on Finasteride, I know it lowers your sex drive. Mine has always been pretty low, I have no problem getting an erection when I need/want one but masturbation just doesnt really interest me all that much, been like, maybe 2 weeks since I masturbated? So Im a bit worried that since I dont have much of a sex drive, itll just completely kill it leaving my penis as floppy bit of skin. Also read the propeciahelp site, that sh*t scares me to no end, but I figure the way they post is way too informed its almost as if they over researched things and alot of it is in their head, god I hope Im right.

I know its probably best to cut your hair really short but really, if my hairs going to be really short why not just go bald? Dont understand why have it shaved and go through all this expense, just get rid of the thing.

The shedding thing scares me, from what Ive read it seems you can lose up to 60% of your hair in one go, then have to wait for it all to grow back? Anyone able to disprove that or even confirm it? If Im going to be shedding on and off, rather just be bald than putting myself through all that and feeling like Im walking on eggshells.

Will post some pictures later on or tomorrow, seeing my stupid balding head isnt a very comforting experience at the moment. Thanks for any replies to my questions.