Don't you just hate the pat test?

CCS

Reaction score
Looking at my head from the top, it looks good when the hair is angled right. Bad when I lift it. But the pat test tells the truth:

Give yourself a buzz cut, 1 inch on top, half inch on the sides, faded.

Then pat yourself on the head. The top of the horse shoe feels so thick. I can feel the thickness of the hair between my palm and my scalp. But when I pat the top center, there is not much density stopping me from touching the scalp. The painful truth.

Just means I should put some spironolactone on my top center now and then when no one is over. I'm so glad hair pieces are as good as they are, but I don't want to get one if I can do good BHT and keep my top center how it is now. At least it looks good, even wet.

Yeah, no more strip for me, and no donor hair from the scalp. All donor hair is going to be BHT if I go that route. Depends how bald I am in a year.

My only hope is that I've been that thin on top the last 6 years and am just maintaining, and that it is not getting thin like that recently.

CCS

Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
why would you rather use leg hair than head hair as a donor?

head hair is limited. Not only would I thin my donor hair, but I might kill some follicles in the process, next to the donor holes, or the donor hair itself. Leg hair is free extra hair. Only good for short styles, but that is all I need.

Maybe I should thin some of my upper horse shoe to hide the pattern a bit though.

CCS

Reaction score
BodyDysmorphic said:
my guess is hes running low on his (head) supplies

supply and demand

Yep. And different classes of NW1's. Thick ones and thin ones. Thick much better.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
would a surgeon consider using pubic hair as a donor? It's quite thick and there's a plentiful supply