Dooby's Story - (26)

dooby

Reaction score
Hi everyone, nice to be here.

I'll get straight to the point. I'm 26 years old. I suffer from diffuse thinning. :shakehead:

About 18 months ago, I suddenly started shedding quite drastically. Came as a complete shock. There's no history of hair loss in my family whatsoever. I went to my doctor at the time and he just said that it looked like "typical male pattern baldness".

The doctor didn't do a blood test, but I actually have a blood test every few months anyway. I'm diabetic you see. I suppose if anything sinister was going on in terms of my health, they would have spotted it at the hospital.

The only thing I can put it down to is stress. I don't know. I'm quite a stressful person and go through bouts of depression. Maybe this has something to do with it.

Anyway, since that shedding phase nothing more has happened. Haven't shed more, haven't grown back any more.

I use various concealers to cover up my hair loss. Couvre, dermatch..etc. It's not great, but it does the job I suppose. I couldn't go without it.

I've left it a long time, but I guess I've come here to ask if I could do anything in terms of stimulating hair growth or something. I really don't know. I hope someone can help recommend something.

I'm not too keen on the idea of Propecia/finpecia. Although if I was convinced that I really needed it and it would help me, I guess I would be tempted.

I was wondering if there's any other stuff someone like me could try. Other vitamins, tablets..etc. Or perhaps other chemicals you put onto your scalp. I recently heard about Revivogen. Any good?

I've attached a photo of the top of my head. This was taken straight after a shower, in quite harsh lighting, in it's most truest form.

Thanks for reading and i really hope you guys can recommend what steps to take to try to help the situation.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Attachments

• file.jpg
    file.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 206

lazman

Reaction score
hiyya buddy,

welcome to the forum.
get on the big 3 if you want to save your hair. if you dont then dont :)
even if its only gonna keep what you have, with concealers im sure it looks perfect and could look perfect for many years to come.
on the other hand you have hair everywhere on your head, with the big 3 you have a very good chance of getting things thickened up and regrow a great deal.

you can take various supplements but thats not gonna effect the hair situation a whole lot. revivogen is not bad , but that should be in your second line of defense. hop on the big 3 and keep your hair short while the treatment takes effect.

good luck 2 ya

dooby

Reaction score
Hi Lazman, thanks for the reply.

To be honest, I think I'm only prepared to try one of the big three. I really don't want to go on Propecia. The horror stories of the side effects are too off putting.

Minoxidil, from what I'm reading needs to be taken for the rest of your life. Otherwise it gets reversed.

Nizoral is the only one that is do-able. I was using it a few months back until the bottle ran out. Never bothered replacing it, but after reading about it on this forum again, I shall.

I'm been reading about Nizoral/ketoconazole in cream form and how a lot of people are having success with it. I think I'm going to give that a whizz.

lazman

Reaction score
yoo

without some dht blocker ur chances of holding on to your hair are quite slim buddy. if you're real scared to go down the finasteride route there are some natural sources that might help you like saw palmetto or pumpkin seed oil. just my two cents...

let me know how things turn out

laz

dooby

Reaction score
Hey mate, thanks for taking the time to reply to me. Appreciate it.

The thing is, if I suffered from the standard, genetic male pattern baldness I probably would strongly consider the finasteride to stop it getting worse. But my whole hair loss is a complete mystery and I still don't know what caused it or whether it's going to get worse. For all I know, this is how I'm gonna stay for the next 30 years. My dad had a full head of hair well into his 50s. Now he's in his late 60s he has a bit of a comb over. :shock: Other than that, there is absolutely no one in my family with this type of thing. I don't know.

What does everyone else think? Is finasteride the only way for me to get some hair back?

I'm definitely going to look into the saw palmetto or pumpkin seed oil. Thanks for the suggestion.

eXVee

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry dude, don't try to fool yourself. It's male pattern baldness.

We've all been there: "I am not balding, this is something else". My father had a full head of hair too unfortunately I didn't inherit those genetic traits.

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
listen to exvee, it's male pattern baldness.

read about treatments (propecia/dutasteride/minoxidil/nizoral) and take a thought out regimen/stick to it.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looks like classic, diffuse male pattern baldness to me. you even say your father has thinning hair. are you sure you know the status of all grandparents, uncles, etc hair? to me looks like male pattern baldness.

i am 27 and was just like you before i started finasteride. came here, read all the horror stories, researched side effects online, scared myself half to death. finally after 2 months i said f it, i'm going to try this, and if i get nasty side effects i'll stop, but it's at least worth a try.

i even took the precaution to have blood drawn first to get my baseline levels of testosterone on file in case things went haywire.

after 3 months of starting on propecia my hair loss stopped, thickened up, and i haven't lost any ground since. i never had a single side effect whatsoever. for me, it's been perfect (well, a bit expensive).

other posters are correct, with diffuse thinning you will respond way better to finasteride and can probably thicken up your entire head significantly. i added minoxidil foam (rogaine foam) as well. finasteride and minoxidil are really the only and best "cures" for male pattern baldness.

up to you - maybe hair loss really doesn't matter that much and isn't worth the money/stress. but my experience with finasteride has been nothing but good.

good luck with whatever you choose!

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
tree, where did you get your propecia and did you get your blood tested after you've been on treatments?

rotsen182

Reaction score
sorry to tell u but u have male pattern baldness if u dont take meds ur head will be like a billiard ball , your head looks exactly like mine, i started my regimen 5 weeks ago and i did have sides but didnt care now 5 weeks later they r all gone and i even feel better, stronger sleep better and dont worry bout my hair anymore cause i know that in short time i´ll see a change...

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i got a derm appointment and i buy propecia through wal-mart pharmacy. it's expensive as f*** but at least i know it's real.

i never got blood tested after since i haven't experienced any negative side effects.

dooby

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Some of you are missing the point though. The fact that it "looks like male pattern baldness" doesn't really prove anything one way or another. I mean, I've never seen hair loss that didn't look like male pattern baldness. Other than alopecia of course.

I'm not fooling myself, but I want to explore all avenues before jumping on the Propecia bandwagon.

The prospect of side effects (floppy-c0ck, man boobs, runny c*m) are scary but tolerable. What should get alarm bells ringing however is the damage it's capable of doing to pregnant woman - causing birth defects. Now, I'm not planning on starting a family anytime soon, but the very fact that this drug is capable of such a thing, goes to show the power of what you're dealing with and putting into your body. This is not something I or anyone else should take lightly. Not at all. That's not even taking into consideration the long-term effects these drugs are having on the body.

Honestly, it's not really worth it in my opinion. I've seen a lot of 'Before & After' pics on the forum of people who have used propecia, and to me the regrowth isn't really usually that vast. I'd still have to use concealers. Just less of it. Since my "shedding" nearly 2 years ago now, I haven't lost any more hair. Stayed like this the whole time, so I think I'm safe from turning into a billiard ball right now.

At the moment, I've got my Nizoral, Loreal Men's thickening shampoo, Dermatch..etc. It's not ideal, but it's fine. :punk: Gonna start taking iron tablets again and get some saw palmetto. Might even try the Nizoral cream too. Saw some for sale on Ebay. If it works, great. If it doesn't? eh, whatever....

h82bebald

Established Member
Reaction score
its been like that for 2 years but that doesn't mean its gonna stay like that. I have diffuse male pattern baldness just like yours and I waited too long. I thought the same about finasteride and I never got any sides and still don't. I would give it a try and see what happens. Just don't think about sides cause thinking about them will cause them to happen.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You need to use finasteride otherwise you will be ultra bald in 4 years.

qball

Reaction score
Hi,

It appears you have male pattern baldness. If you come on here expecting scientists to analyze your situation from a few pictures and give you a result that you want to read, then this is not the place to be. If you are conerned that it is or is not male pattern baldness, go see a doctor and have them give you their opinion. I am pretty sure that most people on here would agree you have male pattern baldness.

dooby

Reaction score
qball said:
Hi,

It appears you have male pattern baldness. If you come on here expecting scientists to analyze your situation from a few pictures and give you a result that you want to read, then this is not the place to be. If you are conerned that it is or is not male pattern baldness, go see a doctor and have them give you their opinion. I am pretty sure that most people on here would agree you have male pattern baldness.

Are you a bit thick or have you simply not bothered reading any of the posts in this thread?

Hair loss always looks the same. Hair loss inherited from one's parents looks the same as hair loss that's caused by stress, or hair loss caused by lack of nutrients.

Coming here and replying with "You have male pattern baldness" is worthless and is as much use to me or anyone else, as an inflatable dart board.

Bull crap.

The notion that everyone will continue to lose hair until there's nothing left, unless they take Finasteride is more baloney. Either you people here are brainwashed or Propecia salesmen. Hair loss doesn't follow one single pattern, one uniform rule. I know plenty of people who have had the same level of receding for over 15 years. And no, they don't take Propecia.

Keep taking your Finasteride, you guys. In 15 years time you'll still be in this forum. Not complaining about hair loss though. Complaining about your inflated boobs and your period pains.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dooby said:
qball said:
Hi,

Are you a bit thick or have you simply not bothered reading any of the posts in this thread?

Hair loss always looks the same. Hair loss inherited from one's parents looks the same as hair loss that's caused by stress, or hair loss caused by lack of nutrients.

Coming here and replying with "You have male pattern baldness" is worthless and is as much use to me or anyone else, as an inflatable dart board.

Bull crap.

The notion that everyone will continue to lose hair until there's nothing left, unless they take Finasteride is more baloney. Either you people here are brainwashed or Propecia salesmen. Hair loss doesn't follow one single pattern, one uniform rule. I know plenty of people who have had the same level of receding for over 15 years. And no, they don't take Propecia.

Keep taking your Finasteride, you guys. In 15 years time you'll still be in this forum. Not complaining about hair loss though. Complaining about your inflated boobs and your period pains.

lol! great attitude you have there sir. If you dont like peoples honest advice, dont ask for advice. Are you losing hair on the sides of your head or just the top? If its just the top... well I think you know what that means.

JohnJohns1988

Reaction score
Other hairloss cases are in different patterns though. For example my dad was really thin at some point in his like(like 120 pounds) and developed a full bald spot right in the back of his head(way below vertex and it was full bald no thinning..no hair at all). He said a doctor gave him some stuff and it grew right back. My friend that went on accutane got permanent thinning hair but his sides of his head and the back are equally as bad as the top. You seem to have thick sides and thin hair on top. IMO thats male pattern baldness..but idk im no doctor.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
this guy is hilarious. comes here and posts pics, everyone agrees it's male pattern baldness, and then he says you can't be sure! dude, if you're not going to listen to us, why even waste our time with this post?

qball

Reaction score
dooby said:
qball said:
Hi,

Bull crap.

Actually you are the dense one. Unless you are living a nutrition deprived lifestyle, have some thyroid issue or some odd disease, you have male pattern baldness. You can fool yourself all you want, but at 26, you have lost a lot of hair. You already look bad. The hair loss may stabilize and it may not, but I would seek a doctor's opinion and stop posting on this board. You seem to be an angry individual who has not come to grips that they are losing their hair and will continue to do so. At 26 you already have severely receded temples and the top of your head is 1/4 the thickness of your sides. Even if you determine that your hairloss is not do to male pattern baldness, good luck growing the hair back. You are headed for baldville. The good thing for you is your scalp looks pretty clean with no birthmarks,etc which could make it look bad. I am guessing that you are not a good looking guy to begin with so maybe the the longer hair on your head could have obfuscated your looks. You may want to invest in a hair system.